Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Tom Harley

Veterans List
    Harley doubter? Listen to this SEN feed where Andrew Ireland explains why and how they got Harley to the club. He had him pegged for the CEO role before he even arrived at the Swans....

Andrew Ireland explains reasoning behind Sydney Swans’ quiet trade period

Go to the extended feed at the bottom....

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Harley doubter? Listen to this SEN feed where Andrew Ireland explains why and how they got Harley to the club. He had him pegged for the CEO role before he even arrived at the Swans....

Andrew Ireland explains reasoning behind Sydney Swans’ quiet trade period

Go to the extended feed at the bottom....
    Don't you dare go and corrupt RWO with facts!!

SEN has an article, "Why Sydney swooped for former Cat Menzel", where Sam McClure's interview of Harley can be heard (towards the bottom of the page) here - https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/11/...er-cat-menzel/. In my view, Harley acquitted himself well in the interview. Probably the most difficult question was when he was asked about Tippo's contract, but he stuck entirely to script.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    SEN has an article, "Why Sydney swooped for former Cat Menzel", where Sam McClure's interview of Harley can be heard (towards the bottom of the page) here - https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/11/...er-cat-menzel/. In my view, Harley acquitted himself well in the interview. Probably the most difficult question was when he was asked about Tippo's contract, but he stuck entirely to script.
    I'm not entirely sure TH passes the Turing test

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I'm not entirely sure TH passes the Turing test
    That's perhaps a little unkind and ... I didn't think we were allowed to discuss philosophy on RWO!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Wasn't Charlie Gardiner a former team mate of Harley's?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    That shouldn't matter as long as Tom thought Charlie was the best man for the job.
    Different if it was 'jobs for the boys'.

The same goes for Stevie J.

The 2005 SF v Geelong (Nick Davis came to save us) was shown on Foxtel few nights ago. Charlie Gardner, Tom Harley (with hair), Stevie J and Henry Playfair all played in that game. It must've been a defining experience that they all eventually found their way to us! Menzel & Thurlow are now their flow on affects?

Edit: David Spriggs played 5 games for us that year before being delisted.
    Last edited by KSAS; 17th November 2018 at 10:59 AM.

Veterans List
    A little piece on Tom from the MySwans offshoot site.

Sign In | MySwans

Another feather in his cap.....a decent bloke, right for our club.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    The 2005 SF v Geelong (Nick Davis came to save us) was shown on Foxtel few nights ago. Charlie Gardner, Tom Harley (with hair), Stevie J and Henry Playfair all played in that game. It must've been a defining experience that they all eventually found their way to us! Menzel & Thurlow are now their flow on affects?

Edit: David Spriggs played 5 games for us that year before being delisted.
    Spriggs was a high draft pick who stuffed up his knee jumping from a bar or something similar, never returned to form after that.

There's a "webinar" Q&A with Tom Harley tomorrow at 6.00pm. Those of you who wonder what the hell is going on with Darcy Cameron and others will I hope have an opportunity to ask him questions. Register at

Redirect Link

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast