Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shane Mumford

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Hope he wasn't doing it in 2012, not that he had any impact in the Grand final anyway.
    Conspiracy theorists might suggest that might be why we let him go?

And Mummy did have an impact on the ‘12 Grand Final...his poor performance allowed Mike Pyke to flourish

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    It might have happened after the injury that ultimately ended the first phase of his his playing career, but if it was just after that, then it’s unlikely he knew his career was over. He would have been during the early rehab phase. Surely illicit recreational drugs aren’t conducive to a good recovery?

To be honest part of me thinks it’s his body and life to screw up if he wants. It’s none of my business how he wastes his money, talent and career.

But another part of me thinks that he is a professional and has some responsibility to his club and I suppose supporters. They are the ones who gave him the opportunity to get exposure to the illicit drug scene and the money to afford it. They are his employer and his actions harm his performance and the brand of his employer. He was a marquee player and as such a public figure and a role model.

But really, who would allow themselves to be filmed? That’s just stupid. And what sort of ass-ish “mate” posts it 3 years later?

No reason why both part of you can't be right.
    Yes, ultimately it's his body to screw up if he wants.
    Yes, he owes it to his club, teammates and supporters to act in a professional way.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    He didn't look like someone giving it a try for the first time!

It is rife.
    He snorted the biggest line... it was double the others.
    Of course he's done it before.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    He snorted the biggest line... it was double the others.
    Of course he's done it before.
    Yeah. That was the point.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I think its a bit naive to think its not rife at every club, especially off season.

Its also pretty common in society in general these days. I'm guessing that opinions between fans aged over about 35yrs would differ wildly from those younger than 35.

I'm not justifying or condoning his actions either, but its not in the least bit shocking.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    GW$ say it’s 3 year old footage (implying it’s not an issue) but that he is entering into a rehab program (which suggests that it’s still an issue)
    They have to say that or they’d be condoning it.

Mummy is an idiot for allowing this to be filmed.

I’m sure plenty of players do illicit things when they aren’t playing (in the offseason).

I really think it shouldn’t be the AFL’s business unless there is a welfare issue e.g. Ben Cousins, or performance enhancing, which it might be on game day, but then so is caffeine.

Players do come back from this e.g. Libba. GW$ seem desperate for a ruckman so probably will let him take his sanction (I believe Carlisle got 2 weeks) and then play.

And since then he has had children and etc.

People see things differently after that. OK, he is not the sharpest pencil in the box, but he has value as a human being. If nothing else it will drive home to one and all at the club that you cannot trust anyone, you cannot escape consequences, you can borderline wreck your life for nothing.

I have a soft spot for the dopey nong. You can't sink in the boot at this stage, give him a go. He is mortified, he looked like a tool, he won't forget that.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    I would be more interested to identify members of the cheer squad in the background, to see if there were if any listed players were involved.
    sprite

Veterans List
    Now it comes to light why Jack watts was offloaded cheaply by Melbourne and why he's never reached any great level in the AFL, just wears himself out off field and suggestions of Mummy's habit too!

The problem is that these kids have too much money and too much time on their hands.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Now it comes to light why Jack watts was offloaded cheaply by Melbourne and why he's never reached any great level in the AFL, just wears himself out off field and suggestions of Mummy's habit too!
    Swimming is very energy sapping.

Mummy coming back to play for GWS is quite amazing, but must be in the pipeline since they let Lobb go without much trouble.

They looked good with Dawson Simpson last year, and I would assume he would be number 1 ruck. With Mummy as a backup. Cant see them both playing in the same side.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast