Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Pre-season 2019

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Oh Yeah!
    Papely and Ronke are crumbing forwards, not midfielders; this says more about our coaching.

I don't see Adelaide putting Eddie Betts in the middle!
    doof-doof

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Papely and Ronke are crumbing forwards, not midfielders; this says more about our coaching.

Disagree, Papley was really good and offered something different when he went into the midfield last year. Think he will always be an Adam Schneider type who splits his time equally between midfield and forward, he's just too clever around the goals not to have him there.

Ronke still needs to build a bigger tank but will probably be similar

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Disagree, Papley was really good and offered something different when he went into the midfield last year. Think he will always be an Adam Schneider type who splits his time equally between midfield and forward, he's just too clever around the goals not to have him there.

Ronke still needs to build a bigger tank but will probably be similar
    Also a chance to pick up some high contact frees through the guts with all the 6'2+ mids.

Hmmmmmm, Tom Mitchell, Brownlow, record touches and certainly compact.
    Nothing wrong with Paps and smalls going into the mid. More about determination, hard as concrete, footy smart and fast.
    A good tap to the ground will determine whether tall or small mids do best.
    Cheer cheer.
    Getting close now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree with you re McLachlan and knee jerk reactions after pressure from Vic media and Vic clubs and president(s). You're probably right about Naismith being ok about taking the ball out of the air. Have doubts about Sinclair in this area. Grundy and a few other bigger blokes monstered him last year. Will be interested to see our ruckmen in action this year.
    Grundy is no bigger than Sinclair but just happens to be equal best Ruck in the AFL with Gawn. They monster everybody.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Just wondering Re our backline

If Rampe, Grundy, AA and melican are on the paddock and playing very well in key role positions does that free up Rampe to play a role that varies between key defender and playing loose ?

Rampe is the only player out of the 4 “tall” defenders that can play on smalls and talls
    I think Ramps will play more a smalls role and a bit in the mids. With the new interpretation of the holding and blocking rules he is disadvantaged. He can no longer get away with playing on Daniher and Brown. They will get multiple frees and kick bags. Melican can play both roles too. I saw him on LaCras and he more than matched him. But I do expect Melican to play tall.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Grundy is no bigger than Sinclair but just happens to be equal best Ruck in the AFL with Gawn. They monster everybody.
    I don't think size is the most important factor in monstering, and I haven't seen anything which suggests Callum has it in him.
    I think he's more a tall marking forward target (which we need because Franklin's overhead marking has always been appalling) who can give a break to a ruckman, than an actual meat-axe ruckman.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 1st February 2019 at 03:24 PM.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Hmmmmmm, Tom Mitchell, Brownlow, record touches and certainly compact.
    Nothing wrong with Paps and smalls going into the mid. More about determination, hard as concrete, footy smart and fast.
    A good tap to the ground will determine whether tall or small mids do best.
    Cheer cheer.
    Getting close now.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Actually unless I'm going do-lally I'm certain I have seen Eddie Betts in the midfield, against the Swans - and he basically won the game for the Crows.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Veteran Site Admin
    So someone has pointed out- finally - to Adam Curley that Nick is an academy recruit, not a FS recruit. Or maybe he just reads RWO.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    So someone has pointed out- finally - to Adam Curley that Nick is an academy recruit, not a FS recruit. Or maybe he just reads RWO.
    I'd prefer it that everyone thought of him as a FS recruit. It will stop the sooking from the VFL about our academy.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post

Pretty sure Grundy is heavier. Stand to be corrected. Natinui also throws him around despite Callum's best efforts.