Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Pre-season 2019

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    He's also still very young, it'll take him a few seasons. He's only a couple of months younger than McCartin.
    don’t think he’s younger than McCartin (unless you’re talking Paddy) as Tom was the youngest in the AFL last year

Veterans List
    I didn't notice Melican in any of the photos. We need an injury free season from him.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    don’t think he’s younger than McCartin (unless you’re talking Paddy) as Tom was the youngest in the AFL last year
    I think Stellation simply meant to type "older" rather than "younger":

Tom McCartin, DOB 30-12-1999
    Ryley Stoddart, DOB 15-10-1999

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I didn't notice Melican in any of the photos. We need an injury free season from him.
    He can be seen in the video.

The two I didn't notice that you'd expect to be there were Florent and Ling. Glimpses of Pink, Amartey, McCartin (and Melican) were fleeting.

It's good to see Dawson up and about on the first day of pre-season. I think that might be a first for him. Let it last...

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    He can be seen in the video.

The two I didn't notice that you'd expect to be there were Florent and Ling. Glimpses of Pink, Amartey, McCartin (and Melican) were fleeting.

It's good to see Dawson up and about on the first day of pre-season. I think that might be a first for him. Let it last...
    Lloyd Perris called out Dawson as having a good first session. I was pretty impressed by Lloyd's interview on the official site. He's clearly a smart lad - only 23 and a development coach!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Lloyd Perris called out Dawson as having a good first session. I was pretty impressed by Lloyd's interview on the official site. He's clearly a smart lad - only 23 and a development coach!
    I agree with you on first impressions of Perris - well, not really first impressions given we almost got to see him play for the Swans. There have been a few very talented players whose careers were cut unfairly short by injury that I really wish we'd seen more of. AJ is clearly one, Wade Chapman another. But at least we did get to see them play nearly 50 games for the club and both got to play in a Grand Final. Perris is the third member of my mental "what if" group. I remember watching him as a scholarship player playing with the NEAFL team, and then graduating to playing as a rookie listed player. I reckon he'd have made his senior debut in his first year, even though still a rookie, had he not done his knee. He wasn't quite as quick as Amon Buchanan but he had that same cleverness with ball in hand. He could make things happen, and dodge and duck through packs in the same way Amon did during his couple of peak seasons with the Swans.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I think Stellation simply meant to type "older" rather than "younger":

Tom McCartin, DOB 30-12-1999
    Ryley Stoddart, DOB 15-10-1999
    Whoops! Yep- I think we were so aware of Tom being the youngest in the class that we might have forgotten that Ryley is just a baby himself.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Speaking of Tom, is it just me or has he bulked up noticeably? https://twitter.com/sydneyswans/stat...005731840?s=09

Was going to comment the same thing based on that exact pic! Definitely has in the arms , he had very little size or definition through their during the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Really hope Dawson is in the midfield mix this pre-season, forumites calling out for bid bodied mids when we have one not being used! Has so much upside, just needs a run at it.

Franklin has had surgery on his groin and will not have a full pre-season. It would've been nice if he had gone in for the surgery at the end of the season but they were hoping rest in the Maldives would be enough.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Franklin has had surgery on his groin and will not have a full pre-season. It would've been nice if he had gone in for the surgery at the end of the season but they were hoping rest in the Maldives would be enough.
    The guy deserved a holiday. I'm sure they did what they thought was right.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast