Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Pre-season 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    The guy deserved a holiday. I'm sure they did what they thought was right.
    Thanks. Now I can go and suck some eggs.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Thanks. Now I can go and suck some eggs.
    I don't really know what that means. Reckon Lance, the coaches, all of us are bummed he will have a shorter preseason. Perhaps those who made the decision would make a different one in hindsight. But I don't see the point in potting them for it.

Ling anybody ?

A big thing about Stoddart hetting drafted and still nothing about Ling

I know Stoddart played but bloody hell Ling is a 1st Rounder that we saw something in that no one else did that early.

Has the kid even been sighted in Sydney ? Doing my head in, the least talked about 1st Rnd draft pick ever

I don't really know what that means. Reckon Lance, the coaches, all of us are bummed he will have a shorter preseason. Perhaps those who made the decision would make a different one in hindsight. But I don't see the point in potting them for it.
    I didn't pot them. I reported facts.

- Buddy has had an operation on his groin.
    - The club thought that it could've been fixed with rest but it couldn't.
    - It would've been nice if he had've known that at the end of the season.

You have implied that I potted them and decided to tell me something very obvious about a person having the right to have a holiday and the club doing what they thought was right. You basically told me how to suck eggs. It's a saying. Google it.

Senior Player
    I didn't pot them. I reported facts.

- Buddy has had an operation on his groin.
    - The club thought that it could've been fixed with rest but it couldn't.
    - It would've been nice if he had've known that at the end of the season.

You have implied that I potted them and decided to tell me something very obvious about a person having the right to have a holiday and the club doing what they thought was right. You basically told me how to suck eggs. It's a saying. Google it.
    "It would've been nice if he had gone in for the surgery at the end of the season but they were hoping rest in the Maldives would be enough," came across to me as sarcastic commentary; apologies if it was intended as a statement of fact.

Veteran Site Admin
    Has Buddy done anything approaching a full pre-season since he's been with the club? He seems to require some form of stitching back together at the end of every season. Last year it was a shoulder, I think. Or maybe a knee? Or both?

Doesn't seem to impact him much once the season starts. (Or maybe it does, and what we get to see is the "Buddy restricted by never being able to complete a pre-season".)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Has Buddy done anything approaching a full pre-season since he's been with the club? He seems to require some form of stitching back together at the end of every season. Last year it was a shoulder, I think. Or maybe a knee? Or both?

Doesn't seem to impact him much once the season starts. (Or maybe it does, and what we get to see is the "Buddy restricted by never being able to complete a pre-season".)
    Yes. Just like 49 goals in 18 games from round 2 to the EF last year was "Buddy with a heel injury", having kicked 8 against the eventual premiers without a heel injury in round 1.

If it takes Lance several games before he’s able to take the field, that will be OK, in order to get another year or possibly two before it’s all too onerous.

Veterans List
    It is annoying though.....it's like "here we go again!". When I saw the article I was not happy.

Post edit: I'm still not happy.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 20th November 2018 at 07:39 PM.

Franklin has had surgery on his groin and will not have a full pre-season. It would've been nice if he had gone in for the surgery at the end of the season but they were hoping rest in the Maldives would be enough.
    Older player. Better to miss the first 5 games of the season, then the last 5.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Groin surgery for Franklin

Well that's not a great start to the pre season.

It was deemed by our medical staff that the groin injury Buddy sustained in round 22 would heal with rest....wrong unfortunately.

So instead of having it repaired in mid September, it's 2 months later... and a game of catch up for Buddy for 2019.....hmmm.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Older player. Better to miss the first 5 games of the season, then the last 5.
    Maybe not if we lose all 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast