Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Pre-season 2019

Does Aliir realise that he has a sea anemone growing on his head?

Senior Player
    Some observations from an onlooker @ Mondays session may be of interest. Sinclair sighting etc

Via Bigfooty:
    Training - 2019 Preseason Discussion | BigFooty

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Has Buddy done anything approaching a full pre-season since he's been with the club? He seems to require some form of stitching back together at the end of every season. Last year it was a shoulder, I think. Or maybe a knee? Or both?

Doesn't seem to impact him much once the season starts. (Or maybe it does, and what we get to see is the "Buddy restricted by never being able to complete a pre-season".)
    Groin surgery a bit different? Maybe, maybe not - I'm not entirely certain what surgery "down there" entails?

Veterans List
    Wow, how built up does Mills look in the latest training pics, into the midfield please!

Veteran Site Admin
    The conversation about possible double standards in comments it is acceptable (or not) to make about women and men, interesting though it was, was threatening to derail this thread about pre-season training. You can now continue the discussion here: RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com

The conversation about possible double standards in comments it is acceptable (or not) to make about women and men, interesting though it was, was threatening to derail this thread about pre-season training. You can now continue the discussion here: RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com
    Great that this thread is back on track. Thanks Liz.

Senior Player
    Good work Liz!

Veterans List
    Not sure if this has been posted in another thread but it's on the AFL website - as part of the AFL Academy program the following juniors are training with Sydney part of the time over summer. Others may know but I assume the * means not 2019 ND eligible as they're too young?

Sydney: Luke Parks*, Jackson Barling*, Hamish Ellem*, Josh Rayner, Braedon Campbell*, Errol Gulden*, Will Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted in another thread but it's on the AFL website - as part of the AFL Academy program the following juniors are training with Sydney part of the time over summer. Others may know but I assume the * means not 2019 ND eligible as they're too young?

Sydney: Luke Parks*, Jackson Barling*, Hamish Ellem*, Josh Rayner, Braedon Campbell*, Errol Gulden*, Will Chandler
    Well, Luke Parks and Luke Parker might get a little confusing to the commentators.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

It's very annoying when articles publish lists with asterisks by some names and then omit to note what the asterisks refer to. In this case it can't be draft year eligibility. Barling, Ellem and Rayner are all eligible for the 2019 draft (and I think Parks is too). Campbell and Gulden are a year younger. I've not heard of Chandler before so I don't know what age he is.

They can't indicate academy membership (and hence priority entitlement) as all those boys (except potentially Chandler) are Swans academy players - including the unasterisked Rayner. Maybe it is just academy membership and the Rayner's omission is just a typo.

The lists names with asterisks are players in the Allies squad.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    The lists names with asterisks are players in the Allies squad.
    Which Allies squad? Do you mean the expanded U18 AFL academy? In which case, why isn't Rayner asterisked?

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast