Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Pre-season 2019

Must have been a good medical
    He was out 12 weeks last year with sore groins, didnt last a week on the training track

Was thinking the same about the medical, but on the other hand Menzel most likely should've had the groin op when he did it after R4 last season instead of that disastrous injection which was meant to be a quick fix (he didn't return till R17). Hopefully the op will correct any inherent issues caused from his injury/treatment last year.

Menzel = Tipoff V.20
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Menzel = Tipoff V.20
    Yeah but at least Menzel didn't cost squillions.....

Veterans List
    Menzel = Tipoff V.20
    Nnnnooooooooo!! Please let it not be......

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Nnnnooooooooo!! Please let it not be......
    Big difference really.

Menzel couldn’t get a contract anywhere else and so will be on bargain basement money with us. Worth a shot if you ask me even despite the injury concerns.

Senior Player
    Menzel = Tipoff V.20
    More Daniel Brayshaw, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I agree with you on first impressions of Perris - well, not really first impressions given we almost got to see him play for the Swans. There have been a few very talented players whose careers were cut unfairly short by injury that I really wish we'd seen more of. AJ is clearly one, Wade Chapman another. But at least we did get to see them play nearly 50 games for the club and both got to play in a Grand Final. Perris is the third member of my mental "what if" group. I remember watching him as a scholarship player playing with the NEAFL team, and then graduating to playing as a rookie listed player. I reckon he'd have made his senior debut in his first year, even though still a rookie, had he not done his knee. He wasn't quite as quick as Amon Buchanan but he had that same cleverness with ball in hand. He could make things happen, and dodge and duck through packs in the same way Amon did during his couple of peak seasons with the Swans.

Jamie Lawson was another bright star cut down after he broke his leg. Succh a sad story. I remember the day it happened, sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Really hope Dawson is in the midfield mix this pre-season, forumites calling out for bid bodied mids when we have one not being used! Has so much upside, just needs a run at it.
    The thing is kennedy gets 30 disposals most matches, or used to, but due to opposition smothering and some wayward kicking his disposal efficiency is not good. While Dawson does not at this stage get 30 plus his disposal efficiency is wonderful. He has also been played out of position. He's that special large mid come third or fourth tall forward and if he is played in those positions I think he will excel.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Has Buddy done anything approaching a full pre-season since he's been with the club? He seems to require some form of stitching back together at the end of every season. Last year it was a shoulder, I think. Or maybe a knee? Or both?

Doesn't seem to impact him much once the season starts. (Or maybe it does, and what we get to see is the "Buddy restricted by never being able to complete a pre-season".)
    He'll look like herman Munster by the end of the season. HAHA

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Jamie Lawson was another bright star cut down after he broke his leg. Succh a sad story. I remember the day it happened, sickening.
    That was really sad that one.....then it ended acrimoniously when he had to retire and then sued the club. Not sure how that all ended.

So now they are saying Buddy won’t join full training until February!

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/12/11/franklin-wont-return-to-training-until-february-swans-head-of-football/

“We expect he’ll be back in training probably February at this stage with a view to having him ready for the start of the season.”

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast