Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Swans' Pre-season 2019

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I see a certain Conan O'Brien was training with the squad today. Tall, lanky, with a fiery mop of red hair, is he our latest Irish recruit?

Blog Entries
    Who is Conan O'Brien?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Who is Conan O'Brien?
    He's a comedian I reckon?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Yes he's a comedian / late-night TV host. I might have jumped the gun a little by assuming that everyone knows who the hell he is.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Who is Conan O'Brien?
    A DH from the US. Tonight show host....whose face has been stretched and stitched almost more than Michael Jackson.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    A DH from the US. Tonight show host....whose face has been stretched and stitched almost more than Michael Jackson.
    LOL. Should have guessed.
    Never heard of him.

Senior Player
    Conan is huge, he helped write during the golden years of the Simpsons (he left in 93), wrote for SNL in it's peak, took over the tonight show from Jay Leno but was sabotaged. Still does stand up and hosts his own show.

He's funny in an awkward self-deprecating style and isn't your usual popular american tv host yawn fest. I'm 35 and grew up on him I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Conan is huge
    He really is, about 6 inches taller than Parker

Longmire talking about Melican’s importance to the side.

'We have huge faith': Longmire's praise for 20-game defender - AFL.com.au

Article says:

He is Heath Grundy's long-term successor and will also release Dane Rampe on occasion to play on small and medium types, rather than the Sydney co-captain fighting out of his weight division so often.

"Lewis will come into the team and allow others to do other things," Longmire told AFL.com.au.

"We're confident with those boys and what we'd like to do is make sure Dane Rampe's not playing on the keys every week. We think that's an evolution of our team as well.

"As good as he is on the talls, we think he's more than capable on those small forwards that are around and those changing midfielders out of the goalsquare."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Longmire talking about Melican’s importance to the side.

'We have huge faith': Longmire's praise for 20-game defender - AFL.com.au

Article says:

He is Heath Grundy's long-term successor and will also release Dane Rampe on occasion to play on small and medium types, rather than the Sydney co-captain fighting out of his weight division so often.

"Lewis will come into the team and allow others to do other things," Longmire told AFL.com.au.

"We're confident with those boys and what we'd like to do is make sure Dane Rampe's not playing on the keys every week. We think that's an evolution of our team as well.

"As good as he is on the talls, we think he's more than capable on those small forwards that are around and those changing midfielders out of the goalsquare."
    Couldn't agree more, Rampe is wasted playing as a key position defender (even though he does an excellent job)

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Couldn't agree more, Rampe is wasted playing as a key position defender (even though he does an excellent job)
    +1 unleash the Dane

Good to see that Longmire has learnt the script I sent him last year. He's got all the under 24 stats, Mills to the midfield, etc, etc. It's just like reading my old posts. I'll have to start working on the 2020 script now.