Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Pre-season 2019

Hi liz,

Please refer to the following link The top 2019 draft prospects training at your club - AFL.com.au

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Hi liz,

Please refer to the following link The top 2019 draft prospects training at your club - AFL.com.au
    That's the article already being discussed. But I'm no clearer why five Swans players have asterisks by their name and two don't - Rayner and one who is listed as being from the Murray region and thus won't be part of the Swans' own academy.

Regular in the Side
    The * refers to players who are in next year's (2019) under-18 Allies squad.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    The * refers to players who are in next year's (2019) under-18 Allies squad.
    The asterisk explanation has been added since the article was initially published but it still doesn't actually refer to those players in the Allies U18 squad. Every single one of the players listed as training at the Swans and the Giants (I didn't check the other squads) is also listed in the U18 Allies squad - including the unasterisked Josh Rayner, Tom Green, Liam Delahunty, Matt McGrory, Will Chandler.

Initial NAB AFL Academy Allies Squad Announced - AFL Tasmania

Someone’s probably figured out unexplained asterisks create more traffic.

This is a write up of all the Swans on modified programs. Even references the enigmatic Matthew Ling

Where's your club at? Pre-season plans, injuries and more - AFL.com.au

Matthew Ling: Had his debut season ruined by a toe injury which required surgery but is back running, and while the Swans will be careful with the speedster, he should be back in full training in January.

There seem to be quite a few of our lads who won't be back to training until the new year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    There seem to be quite a few of our lads who won't be back to training until the new year.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I was thinking the same thing we will have a long list way behind come the new year, how far into the new Year before they can begin full training will really matter.

Cheers

Waz

Cheers

Veterans List
    I'm frankly not concerned too much but of course, I'm a 'glass half FULL' sort of guy. If they can't get fit enough from Jan to March/April after being on modified programmes, ie: lighter training but still training, not actually doing nothing at all, there's something wrong! Most of the other clubs injury lists are pretty long too with many players starting full training later. We'll be ok.....

.....and don't write off Reg yet either. From the above Markwebbos link, this:

"It could be their final pre-season, but veterans Jarrad McVeigh and Heath Grundy have returned in outstanding condition. In recent years, a solid summer has meant outstanding form in the season proper for the pair of defenders." Go Reg .....and Jarrad.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 9th December 2018 at 10:44 PM.

High risk high reward
    Menzel out til Feb
    Groin surgery similar to Buddy

Yep, Menzel felt sore after his first training session & the club decided to put him under the knife straight away. Will only have limited pre-season if he plays R1.

HS link:
    Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Veterans List
    Not a good start but rather be missing guys early than in the run to and for the finals.

I see Carlton's first round swap pick with the Crows just got a bit more painful for them with Docherty going down with an ACL again.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast