Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Pre-season 2019

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks KSAS, an encouraging read.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Giants probably had a greater need for Nicks than we have. We have had a fair injection of new assistant coaches last year. Plenty of new blood around.
    Barry, we did have a big influx last year. However (1) the gameplan didn’t appear to change significantly (2) the new blood was inexperienced compared to Nicks (3) do we have any coaches whose role includes “ball movement” (4) we lost a very senior assistant in Dew. He hasn’t been replaced with an assistant of similar “weight” (in either sense of the word!) I think Horse benefits from being challenged by another coach. (5) I think Shaw was playing that role to an extent and he’s now left.

Veterans List
    A bulked up Mills training with the midfield this pre-season.

Veterans List
    Bad news about Mitchell. I'm sure he'll be in contact with Rohan for some advice.

I have read in the various training articles on the swans app this week that we have been concentrating on skills training. Hopefully we see some improvements in our disposal this year!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Bad news about Mitchell. I'm sure he'll be in contact with Rohan for some advice.

I have read in the various training articles on the swans app this week that we have been concentrating on skills training. Hopefully we see some improvements in our disposal this year!!
    Hopefully you are right. I'm really surprised the coaches didn't think of this earlier. I mean both RWO and Big, Footy Swans fans have been on and on and on about our poor skillet and our lack if skills training for years.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Hopefully you are right. I'm really surprised the coaches didn't think of this earlier. I mean both RWO and Big, Footy Swans fans have been on and on and on about our poor skillet and our lack if skills training for years.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
    And I'll do it again: Kick straight you bastards! (Apologies to Breaker Morant)
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    And I'll do it again: Kick straight you bastards! (Apologies to Breaker Morant)
    If Buddy had to kick straight, I'm not sure he'd score many goals.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If Buddy had to kick straight, I'm not sure he'd score many goals.
    Yes, he is the great exception: he can ignore me as often as he likes.

Veterans List
    Article on our new CHF Sam Reid, this bit was interesting "Like he did two years ago, Reid had the plantaris tendon removed in 2018 to help his mobility, but he ran out of time to make it back onto the field"

Removed a tendon! Anyone throw light on this procedure?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Article on our new CHF Sam Reid, this bit was interesting "Like he did two years ago, Reid had the plantaris tendon removed in 2018 to help his mobility, but he ran out of time to make it back onto the field"

Removed a tendon! Anyone throw light on this procedure?
    Never heard of this before. As for Sam, given his track record, I'm not getting my hopes up. If he stays relatively fit, it will be a huge surprise and a big bonus.

The Plantaris tendon is a long thin tendon that connects the knee to the ankle:

Plantaris tendinitis is more common with tennis players. I has more to do with stability of the leg than power. I didn't know it could just be excised. It must be the appendix of tendons.

Regular in the Side
    According to Attention Required! | Cloudflare, Excision of the plantaris tendon and scraping of the ventro-medial Achilles tendon in chronic midportion Achilles tendinopathy have the potential to reduce tendon pain.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast