Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

Garry was a great administrator massive loss and not same since... you make your bed as they say and if they asked everyone they would in majority say it isn’t well run now and was better when Garry was running show even his son was a great asset when he was in there.

Now we’ll interesting in a few weeks we will turn up to a ground hopefully we will have a fixture for it.

To not have a fixture now is a disgrace nothing short of that fact. But there will be spin and they will put it all back on clubs to deal with

Perhaps you could draw a long bow and claim it's the clubs' fault that there is STILL no fixture; but that doesn't explain why the website is STILL featuring a promo for an AFL practice match from two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Perhaps you could draw a long bow and claim it's the clubs' fault that there is STILL no fixture; but that doesn't explain why the website is STILL featuring a promo for an AFL practice match from two weeks ago.
    Will they still be chasing up affiliation fees given the lost revenue for clubs who can't plan their season?

Of course they will... #lostitattop #thankgod4clubs

Senior Player
    Draw will be out tomorrow online. Inner West out of div 2 Auburn gone

Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Draw will be out tomorrow online. Inner West out of div 2 Auburn gone
    Wests will be whipping boys in Prems.

AFL with egg on their face with Giants folding.

I do feel for Auburn Giants, going from the league's poster team to their whipping gals. On one hand we have the huge push for Women's footy but on the dark side the dissemination of female clubs. Double standards in my book and hard to justify by the league. It's a bonus for Parramatta giving them a new ground (Mona Park, great ground) whilst it appears that Gipps Rd has a long recovery ahead.
    I can't speak for other clubs but the idea of shortening games, breaks etc "to allow volunteers shorter days" brings along it's own issues. Gone are the days when the first grade games commenced at a uniform time (ie: 2:10 PM) It's now become a cats breakfast. Penrith have 6 of their 8 away games with a yellow ball, finishing after sunset. Puts pressure on sponsor commitments (pubs, clubs being one of the major sponsors for many clubs). I would hope that the league has audited each ground for their lighting requiring minimum requirements. Some grounds may pass the lux test, but I know of a few that are set up for other sports and don't cover an AFL ground. I don't want to even start on the fact that the vast majority of games are on Saturday....until finals begin......

Gone are the days when the first grade games commenced at a uniform time (ie: 2:10 PM) It's now become a cats breakfast. Penrith have 6 of their 8 away games with a yellow ball, finishing after sunset.

So how do you expect clubs with 5 or more teams to run games if the don't play till later in the afternoon??

Also why should every other team be made to play at the earlier/later time slots just to keep 1st grade at 2.10? I know with mac uni we don't get the ground available to us to use till 1pm. So we have to play game in the early evening. We only get 2 rounds this year where every team plays at home on the same day.

I agree that it isn't always possible to schedule games at the same time but some of the times allotted that I have seen need to be looked at....including Mac Uni home game at 12.20 when they apparently dont get the ground till 1. Many grounds only meet the lux requirements for training only, not matches. The top ground at Mac Uni would be better serviced by a couple of birthday candles

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Wests will be whipping boys in Prems.

AFL with egg on their face with Giants folding.
    This is the beginning of the end for Wests, I can see a couple of Reserve grade forfeits coming up here. Their Div2 team only wanted to play at home, hence a lot of forfeits last year.

SPOTTED.....
    1. Eagles old captain Jon Vlatko on the GWS AFLW coaching team.
    2. Eagles hard man Kieren Emery on the water-carrying team for Sydney Uni NEAFL and again for Swans AFL at Marvel Stadium (Docklands) on Saturday night.
    3. Our very own Norris Lurker at Tom Wills on Sunday (GWS v Sydney Uni NEAFL)...he will be writing about our footy again this year (part time, whatever THAT means...).
    Last edited by justabaraker; 24th March 2019 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typo

I can't wait to see how the new 6-6-6 rule is going to work at Village Green and Trumper.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast