Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

I think zero

Can it be less than 0? Because I'd say that.

Sorry I asked ......

I disagree re the zero comment on academy benfits.
    There are hundreds of kids each year who are getting additional higher level coaching that they otherwise wouldn’t get. There are now dozens of academy graduates who are playing NEAFL and getting further experience. Some of those guys are now coming back to the Sydney league. There are also a number of kids who get “cut” from the academy during the process who go onto play junior footy and are now flowing into senior footy.
    Also the academy requires a certain additional amount of parental involvement, shuttling to training and games and this involvement tends to hang around as the kids move up the ranks into the senior grades.

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    I disagree re the zero comment on academy benfits.
    There are hundreds of kids each year who are getting additional higher level coaching that they otherwise wouldn’t get. There are now dozens of academy graduates who are playing NEAFL and getting further experience. Some of those guys are now coming back to the Sydney league. There are also a number of kids who get “cut” from the academy during the process who go onto play junior footy and are now flowing into senior footy.
    Also the academy requires a certain additional amount of parental involvement, shuttling to training and games and this involvement tends to hang around as the kids move up the ranks into the senior grades.
    I agree. It certainly does develop players to be better footballers that have been feeding back in to local footy for a number of years now. My only concern is that a number of players give the game up altogether when they don’t get drafted. Not the academies fault but its disappointing that they don’t continue in local footy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    I agree. It certainly does develop players to be better footballers that have been feeding back in to local footy for a number of years now. My only concern is that a number of players give the game up altogether when they don’t get drafted. Not the academies fault but its disappointing that they don’t continue in local footy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately I have to agree with this. Academies suggest that drafting is probable rather an only possible for one or two per year.

A kid gets a academy jacket and they are told not to play for their club because they need to save themselves for the academy carnivals. There is a loss of connection to clubs or belief that they are important.

Would love to see the stats on kids from the Sydney academies that play for their senior club In Sydney Footy

Bit of mail in Saviours mailbox.

Dean Towers to coach UNSW next year.

Mudgey to coach Camden. However, he didn't want to work with the club president so the board sacked the president.

Wests struggling to get numbers at preseason. Less than 15 guys between their 4 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post

Dean Towers to coach UNSW next year.

Mudgey to coach Camden. However, he didn't want to work with the club president so the board sacked the president.

Wests struggling to get numbers at preseason. Less than 15 guys between their 4 teams.
    Assuming that's all tongue in cheek given Camden have already announced a coach?

If Penrith were demoted on women's, what happened to their JV with Auburn? Is it end of the road for the Giants?
    Big surprise with East Coast going up - were they contenders in the lower division last year? Magic and Wollongong appear to be the clear staff outs over 2 years.

Any big uni neafl signings?

Dean Towers big signing for reigning Premiers

Dan Ward to coach Dragons, havent heard much about him.

Camden didnt get who they wanted, have heard few players aint the happiest about who they have though.

Wests, still no one so tip Kev will have to do it.

Rest I think are sorted

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    If Penrith were demoted on women's, what happened to their JV with Auburn? Is it end of the road for the Giants?
    Big surprise with East Coast going up - were they contenders in the lower division last year? Magic and Wollongong appear to be the clear staff outs over 2 years.
    Western Magic won it this year, but I don't think they wanted to go up. I believe the Auburn-Penrith joint venture is no more. Penrith wanted a stand-alone Premier Division team but were knocked back; so Auburn & Penrith will field separate teams in Div 1.
    I've heard unconfirmed rumours that 2019 will be Wollongong's last year in the Sydney comp and they've been told to go into the South Coast league in 2020.

There's a good chance that there'll be a Womens Div 3 next year. There were 13 teams in Div 2 this year, and plenty of clubs have reported strong growth in womens numbers.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post

Not what I'd heard. Camden announced Jed Ellis-Cluff as their new coach last week - he played for them this year.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    Dean Towers big signing for reigning Premiers

Dan Ward to coach Dragons, havent heard much about him.

Camden didnt get who they wanted, have heard few players aint the happiest about who they have though.

Wests, still no one so tip Kev will have to do it.

Rest I think are sorted
    If its the same guy that played 130 odd games for Melbourne i'd say they are looking ok

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast