Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

Interesting see the move to align the women's competition with the Premier Division Comp aka Eagles up.

I can't help but think this will make stronger and stronger premier division clubs and stop a plutonium club ever making the leap to Premier footy.

It will be interesting to look back in 5 years to see what the health of Mac Uni, Blacktown, Parra, Power, Penrith, SWS and Balmain will be.
    I know many of these clubs advocated for the plutonium division but will it result in the saying "be careful for what you wish for."

P.S. unashamed advocate of the old single comp with many Divisions structure.

So with Sydney AFL shafting Penrith ECE get given 30k for having a womens team. Do ECE spend it on womens development? No they go and buy Salter for their prems. Still owe Sydney AFL 450k on an interest free loan.

Plutonium leagues in the west have no chance.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    So with Sydney AFL shafting Penrith ECE get given 30k for having a womens team. Do ECE spend it on womens development? No they go and buy Salter for their prems. Still owe Sydney AFL 450k on an interest free loan.

Saviour, I think you're confused with what club owes the league plenty of money. I know you are only new to the scene of AFL, so I will go over it again for you and hopefully it will sink in. Your club owes the league plenty from refusing to pay affiliation fees for many many years. I know you like to stick your head in the sand and your club will always deny it but every other club in the league knows it and every club wanted your club booted because of it. It was simply swept under the carpet by the league and your club have acted like sergeant Schultz ever since. #glasshouses

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post

30K how great is that, the two new teams in 2020 will be chasing it for sure now.

Buying Salter how mad is that, you have some real inside information.

450k, the actual auditors must be really wrong on numbers with what is provided to members annually and is Audited as a requirement due to turnover of the club

#glasshouses agreed.

You guys least have started to get a Womens team now, just need to focus on yourselves , facts and focus on your own area for development.

That may well be the case, Tim, however does not retract from Saviors comment. Since the demise of an annual report, which was a transparent document, all we know now is that the huge league bailout to East Coast is a "Confidential Commercial Agreement" All clubs play similar affiliation fees, but are treated very differently. $30k start up fund for the Eagles women plus massive non cash support?? Non Premier clubs no longer in line for Club championship, yet are forced to attend Phelan Medal nights. AFL modelling themselves on the great man himself. "I'm going to build a wall....and Western Sydney will pay for it"

Not heard a peep from our esteemed new member, Don the Sash. He has logged in a couple of times since his insightful opening post, so obviously getting together a detailed response.

I imagine a few platinum clubs will be on the improve next season. Colesy will work hard to get SWS back into finals contender and a very competitive outfit. I am sure Southern Power will be on the improve. Mac Uni are always a dark horse and keep things close to their chest whilst Parra have announced a new player coach, Jake Brazil returning to them after a stint with Blacktown, who have apparently lost a few key players, though the lure of employment opportunities always seems to get those holes filled again quickly

The 30ks start up fund??? where is this, do all prems clubs get it, there is no way the league would give 30k to any premier division club in cash and you would be a idiot to believe this would be the case. Non cash support not sure what this is?

Tims comment is right, and 450k please any club if the debt was that huge.... would fold wind up no board or anyone would jump in and take it on.

All clubs are supposed to pay affiliation fees, not all do and most dont on time.

Compulsory Phelan nights are interesting, I agree it is wrong to make a club take a certain amount of tables, but each club should have 1 being forced to pay for 3 or more isnt right.

Don has been quiet but a lot have been, was a cracker of a post and there wasnt a lot wrong with it to be honest. His comments have more truth in them than our good mate Saviour and are more factual too.

There are a lot more posts on here with complete garbage, false facts which come out all the time.

SWS is a great example on the lower division clubs doing well, great ground and a area which needs AFL to grow. Southern Power based on tweets shows some bigger numbers.

Warming the Bench
    Apparently UNSW are paying Dean Towers 450k f

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    The 30ks start up fund??? where is this, do all prems clubs get it, there is no way the league would give 30k to any premier division club in cash and you would be a idiot to believe this would be the case. Non cash support not sure what this is?

Tims comment is right, and 450k please any club if the debt was that huge.... would fold wind up no board or anyone would jump in and take it on.

All clubs are supposed to pay affiliation fees, not all do and most dont on time.

Compulsory Phelan nights are interesting, I agree it is wrong to make a club take a certain amount of tables, but each club should have 1 being forced to pay for 3 or more isnt right.

Don has been quiet but a lot have been, was a cracker of a post and there wasnt a lot wrong with it to be honest. His comments have more truth in them than our good mate Saviour and are more factual too.

There are a lot more posts on here with complete garbage, false facts which come out all the time.

SWS is a great example on the lower division clubs doing well, great ground and a area which needs AFL to grow. Southern Power based on tweets shows some bigger numbers.
    Haha. Love your passion 5year, those big nights at the Fiddler are taking a toll on you though. Say hi to your alter ego Donny. "Cracker of a post"???? It's a very well known fact about East Coast's debt with people high up in within the club admitting that the Seebeck years caused them huge drama and debt. Then there was the 20 year payment plan for Purser, though Kanebridge is probably funding that. And if you are not sure what non cash support is, comes down to logic, but being in the Hillsong precinct, logic is a dirty word.

SHH, Apologise for being quiet. Some of us are busy and driving our own destiny in Sydney AFL. Your knowledge about other clubs is extensive. Im learning a lot. Thanks

At fiddler all time, you clearly have no idea and ur post is so wrong.

Donny as you call him don’t know him, probably do but not by namesake but as he said couldn’t Corless either

Everyone’s well known facts is so wrong I would be careful though mentioning names false figures though the people you named no longer in the club may have a view to take further. Whilst it wasn’t ideal what occurred the numbers floated are nuts. No club as I stated would take that debt on. Your a idiot to think otherwise

20 year payment plan again idiot comment. Call council there is a 10 year option only just signed off. Was a ten year term licence agreement which is paid.

If the club was so bad. Why would a council support a submission to prems women.... did yours???

Council would vouch for the club.

Sponsors they don’t cover debt you will find we are well supported yes but it is relationships.

Look at your own backyard get facts right and be careful on names you slander minus wrong information.

Whilst the name you mention is not involved I would support him coming back at you or others with false stories of what has occurred!

Well 5year plan, it seems SHH is passionate but not as knowledgable as he dreams about. Maybe he could learn more from the BIG clubs east of the Blue Mountains

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
    At fiddler all time, you clearly have no idea and ur post is so wrong.

Donny as you call him don’t know him, probably do but not by namesake but as he said couldn’t Corless either

Everyone’s well known facts is so wrong I would be careful though mentioning names false figures though the people you named no longer in the club may have a view to take further. Whilst it wasn’t ideal what occurred the numbers floated are nuts. No club as I stated would take that debt on. Your a idiot to think otherwise

20 year payment plan again idiot comment. Call council there is a 10 year option only just signed off. Was a ten year term licence agreement which is paid.

If the club was so bad. Why would a council support a submission to prems women.... did yours???

Council would vouch for the club.

Sponsors they don’t cover debt you will find we are well supported yes but it is relationships.

Look at your own backyard get facts right and be careful on names you slander minus wrong information.

Whilst the name you mention is not involved I would support him coming back at you or others with false stories of what has occurred!
    I wont comment on your level, or lack of intelligence, we are only given what we get in that regards. You do really need to work on your grammar though. "You don't know Donny but you probably do." Nice work. "But he said couldn't Corless either" And as for slander...i can only laugh heartily. You seem to be very involved with Sydney AFL. Another employee maybe as you claim that some clubs don't pay affiliation fees and most are late. That would be fairly confidential. Hopefully you can give us more inside information as time progresses. I have already made a formal complaint about an Eagles member/ AFL employee who has contacted our players and given them a bum steer. Re the 20 year payment plan, please tell me the facts instead of name calling. Purser was opened 10 years ago. The deal, I believe, was a 20 year commitment from Cricket, AFL (who threw in good coin) and the council. Are you saying that there is no ongoing debt. If not, great work, paid it off early. We are having renovations done at Greygums. A million bucks worth with funding from federal, state and local government as well as good delf funding by the senior and junior club. At this stage, the AFL has contributed zilch, despite some promises a few years ago. As for your stunning revelation that the council is supporting female football, that is wonderful, though you would be hard pressed to find a council anywhere in Australia that doesn't support it. Give me the heads up if you know of any. Anyhow, I guess you would deny, in between logging on and off with your numerous nics the following statements by East Coast ""As Jon Gawley says in the Financial report on page 8, we are now very well positioned to steam ahead. Long term
    debt will be an issue for the club for another eight years, but thanks to the Fighting Fund contributors we are
    managing the repayment process"
    "The Fighting Fund also continues to be well supported which is allowing the club
    to continue to meet its long term debt is a major help to the club and it is still required each year to ensure we can self
    support the debt owed and run the club separately."

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast