Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Don the Sash View Post
    Well 5year plan, it seems SHH is passionate but not as knowledgable as he dreams about. Maybe he could learn more from the BIG clubs east of the Blue Mountains
    Geography Lesson for the Evening. Penrith is East of the Blue Mountains. On the other side, it is west. And it is spelt k-n-o-w-l-e-d-g-e-a-b-l-e so a bonus Englisg lesson thrown in. Always happy to help out the strugglers.

Still awaiting your pathway and development thesis with eagerness.

Thanks SHH. I can see why some decisions may have been made. Worry about the ants while the elephants get a way.
    I have no thesis. Just network for the better of the game and the community. We all do that in our own minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    Saviour, I think you're confused with what club owes the league plenty of money. I know you are only new to the scene of AFL, so I will go over it again for you and hopefully it will sink in. Your club owes the league plenty from refusing to pay affiliation fees for many many years. I know you like to stick your head in the sand and your club will always deny it but every other club in the league knows it and every club wanted your club booted because of it. It was simply swept under the carpet by the league and your club have acted like sergeant Schultz ever since. #glasshouses
    So your saying i cant comment on something due to something that happened 10+ years ago, had nothing to do with me and nothing to do with anyone currently at the club.

Weird set of standards you hold me too. What next, I'm a racist because I live in Australia and Australia had a White Australia polixy once upon a time.

You cant hold someone accountable for something they had nothing to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post

Tims comment is right, and 450k please any club if the debt was that huge.... would fold wind up no board or anyone would jump in and take it on.

There are a lot more posts on here with complete garbage, false facts which come out all the time.
    Don't really care what goes on at the nest, but seem to have a far better idea (and naturally unbiased) than Tim and 5year

Even your own club has publicly admitted that they were deep in debt. When Seebeck got the boot, the first annual report of the new mob stated they were seeking $150k to cover 37% of their debt. OK, doesn't get to $450k, but pretty damn close to it. So by your own admission, the current board is crackers for taking on this debt. Happy for you to correct me if the board lied to their members in the Annual report

True. We better get our figures right. 400k of debt according to their own financial reports.

Lots of mentions of the fighting fund. Over 20 people named who had to dip in to pay off year 1 of the 10 year commercial loan. http://eastcoasteagles.com.au/wp-con...Book-Final.pdf

2016 again lots of mentions. Another 20 people named, people shaving their beards. Collection plate for loose change at the canteen to help pay off the debt. http://eastcoasteagles.com.au/wp-con...Book-Final.pdf

No wonder you hate all mentions of it Tim. People having to dip into their own pockets, shaving beards (isn't this usually done for charity?) and begging for spare change when selling sausage sangas. Must be feeling a tad guilty. No 2017 or 2018 year book? Wonder what ways they will come up with next to pay off a 10 year 400k debt.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    No wonder you hate all mentions of it Tim. People having to dip into their own pockets, shaving beards (isn't this usually done for charity?) and begging for spare change when selling sausage sangas. Must be feeling a tad guilty.
    I've never denied that the club has a debt and I have no issues with anyone bringing it up. I had zero to do with the club getting itself into a position of debt and neither did any of the current & subsequent board members (post NEAFL) who have since worked hard to pay it down.

However your accusations that ECE owes the league that amount of money is laughable and if you read the reports correctly you can figure this out for yourself. ECE is very fortunate to have some great sponsors and individuals who continue to chip in to pay down their debt not unlike many other clubs.

What I do take exception to is your higher than mighty attitude that your club should be treated or thought of differently when in fact it was in the same position and refused to actually acknowledge a significant debt owed to the league. But you don't want to know about it because it was before your time although I struggle to understand how that defense is ok for you to use but not for those at ECE?? #potkettleblack

Go home Saviour, you're drunk!

PS: Send me your address and I will send you the 2017 & 2018 year book for a bit of light reading.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Freedman View Post
    I've never denied that the club has a debt and I have no issues with anyone bringing it up. I had zero to do with the club getting itself into a position of debt and neither did any of the current & subsequent board members (post NEAFL) who have since worked hard to pay it down.

However your accusations that ECE owes the league that amount of money is laughable and if you read the reports correctly you can figure this out for yourself. ECE is very fortunate to have some great sponsors and individuals who continue to chip in to pay down their debt not unlike many other clubs.

What I do take exception to is your higher than mighty attitude that your club should be treated or thought of differently when in fact it was in the same position and refused to actually acknowledge a significant debt owed to the league. But you don't want to know about it because it was before your time although I struggle to understand how that defense is ok for you to use but not for those at ECE?? #potkettleblack

Go home Saviour, you're drunk!

PS: Send me your address and I will send you the 2017 & 2018 year book for a bit of light reading.
    You stole St Georges only chance a premiership (2016) thats why there is an outrage!

Absolutely sick and tired of the East Coast and St George history debate - can we please drop this discussion ..... forever.

Happy to bag both clubs but please let bag them for their actions of today.

Agree old news

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Penrith have been dumped from Women's Premier Div in 2019, in favour of East Coast. According to the league, East Coast, who didn't figure in the lower division grand final last year, were a "more compelling" selection than Penrith, who were a kick short of a grand final berth in the Premier Division against UNSW who went on to make it three flags in a row. Seems Western Sydney are still the red-headed bastard children of the AFL.
    AFL Sydney pandering to one of its pet clubs instead of doing what is in the best interests of the game.

We should hardly be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsofpain View Post
    AFL Sydney pandering to one of its pet clubs instead of doing what is in the best interests of the game.

We should hardly be surprised.
    mountainsofpain, you fell out of the same tree obviously.

Any truth to the rumour Tim that you went for the Camden job, got all the inside info then knocked it back?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast