Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Results 145 to 150 of 150

Thread: Season 2019

  1. #145
    filling up the bottles
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Surely Campbelltown will win Div 1 with their In's!!
    Aiden Bell, Cameron Gordon, Hamish Sherwood, Tom Gowdy
    Surely not beaten by the team that came second last at your own ground.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #146
    Well retired, still sore Pekay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In The Goalsquare
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Surely Campbelltown will win Div 1 with their In's!!
    Aiden Bell, Cameron Gordon, Hamish Sherwood, Tom Gowdy
    Gowdy cleared from Camden, to Campbelltown, now to SWS?

    Also notice a famous name in Sydney footy clearing into ECE, Odgers, per'aps the spawn of Dale Odgers?

    I miss having a Defence job, and doing sweet FA all day to look at this stuff.

  3. #147
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    quakers hill
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Gowdy cleared from Camden, to Campbelltown, now to SWS?

    Also notice a famous name in Sydney footy clearing into ECE, Odgers, per'aps the spawn of Dale Odgers?

    I miss having a Defence job, and doing sweet FA all day to look at this stuff.
    JV - under19

  4. #148
    Imagine if we accepted Sydney Footy was not like the rest of the Country and we structured the competition to meet our environment.

    Imagine if
    * There was no Seniors / Reserves, but single divisions like in the Womens comp,
    * if Power in the platinum (who would be in Div 2) won the comp and were automatically promoted to Prems (Division 1) - they look to have their Shxt together this year, could they be another Manly in Prems.
    * if Inner West and Manly from Prems Ressies were a lower comp - more enjoyable for them and promtion of better Platinum teams to Division team
    * If Souther West and Balmain from Plutonium ressies were in a lower divisoin - ore enjoyable for them and promtion of better team this Division team
    * We didnt have 2 North Shore Teams in Div 3 - but spead out through more divisions.

    Imagine

  5. #149
    Well retired, still sore Pekay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    In The Goalsquare
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Imagine if we accepted Sydney Footy was not like the rest of the Country and we structured the competition to meet our environment.

    Imagine if
    * There was no Seniors / Reserves, but single divisions like in the Womens comp,
    * if Power in the platinum (who would be in Div 2) won the comp and were automatically promoted to Prems (Division 1) - they look to have their Shxt together this year, could they be another Manly in Prems.
    * if Inner West and Manly from Prems Ressies were a lower comp - more enjoyable for them and promtion of better Platinum teams to Division team
    * If Souther West and Balmain from Plutonium ressies were in a lower divisoin - ore enjoyable for them and promtion of better team this Division team
    * We didnt have 2 North Shore Teams in Div 3 - but spead out through more divisions.

    Imagine
    The Sharks torched a pretty handy Magic team which was a surprise.

    I think the only winners out of this re-structure are the volunteers not being stretched from pillar to post - the divisions was the best thing for footy up here. Only clubs that didn't taste any success in that time were my lot and I think Parramatta, although I could be wrong.

    And to think, I sent my idea for a division structure to Garry B with a belly full of piss after a 30 goal loss.

  6. #150
    If you find yourself at a loose end tomorrow (Anzac Day), then head on down to Picken Oval to watch the Magpies v Penno.

    They have a moving Anzac Day ceremony beforehand which is always tasteful and not over the top - for those like me who are only a little bit interested in Anzac Day but want to do 'something' then this is the event for you.
    The venue is superb for watching footy and the ceremony beforehand.
    Licensed Club on the premises.
    The weather forecast is perfect.
    The footy should be good with Penno trying to establish their season and the Magpies coming off a narrow loss to the reigning premiers.
    Get yourself a Magpie Burger, voted by me as the best pig-out in Sydney AFL.
    Bring the dog to talk to all the other pooches there - they LOVE left over Magpie Burgers
    Good parking (come in at the Brighton Road entrance).
    We always take chairs because there aren't many there, and most of the spectator viewing is on the embankment which gets a bit uncomfortable...but ok for a chair.

    PS - and Norris Lurker wants you to get your tips in early this week.
    Last edited by justabaraker; Yesterday at 09:56 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO