Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

filling up the bottles
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Surely Campbelltown will win Div 1 with their In's!!
    Aiden Bell, Cameron Gordon, Hamish Sherwood, Tom Gowdy
    Surely not beaten by the team that came second last at your own ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Surely Campbelltown will win Div 1 with their In's!!
    Aiden Bell, Cameron Gordon, Hamish Sherwood, Tom Gowdy
    Gowdy cleared from Camden, to Campbelltown, now to SWS?

Also notice a famous name in Sydney footy clearing into ECE, Odgers, per'aps the spawn of Dale Odgers?

I miss having a Defence job, and doing sweet FA all day to look at this stuff.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Gowdy cleared from Camden, to Campbelltown, now to SWS?

Also notice a famous name in Sydney footy clearing into ECE, Odgers, per'aps the spawn of Dale Odgers?

I miss having a Defence job, and doing sweet FA all day to look at this stuff.
    JV - under19

Imagine if we accepted Sydney Footy was not like the rest of the Country and we structured the competition to meet our environment.

Imagine if
    * There was no Seniors / Reserves, but single divisions like in the Womens comp,
    * if Power in the platinum (who would be in Div 2) won the comp and were automatically promoted to Prems (Division 1) - they look to have their Shxt together this year, could they be another Manly in Prems.
    * if Inner West and Manly from Prems Ressies were a lower comp - more enjoyable for them and promtion of better Platinum teams to Division team
    * If Souther West and Balmain from Plutonium ressies were in a lower divisoin - ore enjoyable for them and promtion of better team this Division team
    * We didnt have 2 North Shore Teams in Div 3 - but spead out through more divisions.

Imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Imagine if we accepted Sydney Footy was not like the rest of the Country and we structured the competition to meet our environment.

Imagine if
    * There was no Seniors / Reserves, but single divisions like in the Womens comp,
    * if Power in the platinum (who would be in Div 2) won the comp and were automatically promoted to Prems (Division 1) - they look to have their Shxt together this year, could they be another Manly in Prems.
    * if Inner West and Manly from Prems Ressies were a lower comp - more enjoyable for them and promtion of better Platinum teams to Division team
    * If Souther West and Balmain from Plutonium ressies were in a lower divisoin - ore enjoyable for them and promtion of better team this Division team
    * We didnt have 2 North Shore Teams in Div 3 - but spead out through more divisions.

Imagine
    The Sharks torched a pretty handy Magic team which was a surprise.

I think the only winners out of this re-structure are the volunteers not being stretched from pillar to post - the divisions was the best thing for footy up here. Only clubs that didn't taste any success in that time were my lot and I think Parramatta, although I could be wrong.

And to think, I sent my idea for a division structure to Garry B with a belly full of piss after a 30 goal loss.

If you find yourself at a loose end tomorrow (Anzac Day), then head on down to Picken Oval to watch the Magpies v Penno.

They have a moving Anzac Day ceremony beforehand which is always tasteful and not over the top - for those like me who are only a little bit interested in Anzac Day but want to do 'something' then this is the event for you.
    The venue is superb for watching footy and the ceremony beforehand.
    Licensed Club on the premises.
    The weather forecast is perfect.
    The footy should be good with Penno trying to establish their season and the Magpies coming off a narrow loss to the reigning premiers.
    Get yourself a Magpie Burger, voted by me as the best pig-out in Sydney AFL.
    Bring the dog to talk to all the other pooches there - they LOVE left over Magpie Burgers
    Good parking (come in at the Brighton Road entrance).
    We always take chairs because there aren't many there, and most of the spectator viewing is on the embankment which gets a bit uncomfortable...but ok for a chair.

PS - and Norris Lurker wants you to get your tips in early this week.
    Last edited by justabaraker; 24th April 2019 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Wests will be whipping boys in Prems.

AFL with egg on their face with Giants folding.
    Matching UNSW for most of the game last week and a 10 goal defeat of Penno yesterday, perhaps suggests a number of you blokes went off a little prematurely, hopefully thats not happening on the home front as well.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat View Post
    Matching UNSW for most of the game last week and a 10 goal defeat of Penno yesterday, perhaps suggests a number of you blokes went off a little prematurely, hopefully thats not happening on the home front as well.
    Stunning result, and it wasn't even close. That result will have quite a few people re-assessing the Magpies' prospects for this season.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Hi All,
    New to this site lots of good stuff on here mostly.
    I went to Weldon on Saturday to watch Manly play St.George.
    St.George looked like a bunch of kids playing a side with a few bigger bodied guys.
    St.George look like they are going through a change.
    I listened to their coach at 3/4 time he didn't yell at them just kept working on the positives.
    Have things changed at the Dragons
    Last year they seemed ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post

Imagine if
    Imagine
    To be honest, beating Pennant Hills on Anzac Day was quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamw1977 View Post
    Hi All,
    New to this site lots of good stuff on here mostly.
    I went to Weldon on Saturday to watch Manly play St.George.
    St.George looked like a bunch of kids playing a side with a few bigger bodied guys.
    St.George look like they are going through a change.
    I listened to their coach at 3/4 time he didn't yell at them just kept working on the positives.
    Have things changed at the Dragons
    Last year they seemed ok.
    Are they still the best team in the South side? Sth Power making a strong claim at the moment - their first two rounds in the Platinum are very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Are they still the best team in the South side? Sth Power making a strong claim at the moment - their first two rounds in the Platinum are very impressive.
    Our reserves would flog them, like they did the last 10 or so times they played.