Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 179

Thread: Season 2019

  1. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    I do believe this is the first senior ground at any level in Australia to use synthetic turf.
    Should cut down on ankle sprains and shoulder bust ups due to the level and even surface.
    What every one is cautious about is the number of burns from sliding on the "grass". Mind you half way through the season at Gore Hill there was always "burns" from the dried mud areas.
    Congrats to Nth Shore, well done! Its probably the way of the future. All the boxes where no doubt ticked but someone has to have the guts to do it or things never happen, so again well done.

  2. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    Has it been approved ? Hope north shore/Sydney AFL have a good insurance cover has anyone actually trialled this surface Australia wide at a Senior level .... be keeping an eye out at the injury rate
    l stopped for a look today on the way by.
    The first thing that strikes you is the shiny white of the boundary fencing.
    Then the unusual 'non-grass' green of the synthetic surface...the designers must be colour blind l reckon.
    As far as grass burns, l reckon the smart ones will lube up before they venture out.

    But it does all look damned smart in a Purser kind of way.

  3. #111
    Any word on when the draw will be released?
    Round 1 is 3 weeks away, very poor from the AFL.

  4. #112
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    quakers hill
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Any word on when the draw will be released?
    Round 1 is 3 weeks away, very poor from the AFL.
    Monday at the earliest. Looks like a couple of withdrawals at the last minute causing issues.

  5. #113
    AFL issued a note today, saying changes that may impact on competition structure are holding up the draw.
    Speculation 1:
    Wests to pull out of prems
    Speculation 2:
    1 or 2 PLatium teams to pull out.
    Anybody have any mail?

  6. #114
    Who knows .... heard first rumour and haven’t heard second one.

    It is poor though we are 15th March and no direction and finding this out now.

    Draft fixtures came out late and then there were issues with them.

    If they engaged with all clubs right early these issues would be identified.

    They determine a lot but don’t manage a lot well at the top.

    Let’s hope clubs get fixtures soon and can plan a season. It’s poor and unacceptable but No doubt they will spin it some way or another in their favour.

    Still can’t believe clubs haven’t got a fixture and yet will be asked to manage a season within 2-3 weeks when there will no doubt be holes as this seasons planning has been nothing but a rabble.

    #lostfaithintop

  7. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Any word on when the draw will be released?
    Round 1 is 3 weeks away, very poor from the AFL.
    Invariably this delay will be because of clubs changing team nominations and other requests for venue and date changes. Clubs got their draft draw a couple of weeks ago so everyone will have a reasonable indication of when and where they will be playing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #116
    Draft draws should not come out 5 weeks before a season. But we are used to the continued amateur planning and implementation of the seasons.

    Clubs will run the season it’s a pity we have little support to make it easier for us.

  9. #117
    Strange days indeed. Maybe we were spoilt back in the days when Gary Birkinshaw used to run the show all by himself, producing footy records, club of the year updates weekly, annual reports, game day visits and post season interviews with every club and gaining excellent off-season feedback from clubs, with the draws coming out in by December and finalised in January. Draw now sent to clubs at end of Feb, times need to be done in early March, volunteers madly scramble to organise their special event days and start to advertise to players, members, sponsors etc and all of a sudden all seems to be thrown out the door due to "changes".

    Havent heard the rumours about clubs bailing from Platinum...or the Prem Div one. I know there are some concerns with the girl's teams. Makes one wonder what is the real direction of the future directions project is heading

  10. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Havent heard the rumours about clubs bailing from Platinum...or the Prem Div one. I know there are some concerns with the girl's teams. Makes one wonder what is the real direction of the future directions project is heading
    Wasn't that just to make sure the rest of the clubs fall in to like with with the Prems Clubs ask for?
    Surely the draw can't delay much longer - getting ridiculous

  11. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Wasn't that just to make sure the rest of the clubs fall in to like with with the Prems Clubs ask for?
    Surely the draw can't delay much longer - getting ridiculous
    Has been delayed twice already, surely must mean a big shake up of clubs in Prems and Platinum?

  12. #120
    Warming the Bench
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Strange days indeed. Maybe we were spoilt back in the days when Gary Birkinshaw used to run the show all by himself, producing footy records, club of the year updates weekly, annual reports, game day visits and post season interviews with every club and gaining excellent off-season feedback from clubs, with the draws coming out in by December and finalised in January. Draw now sent to clubs at end of Feb, times need to be done in early March, volunteers madly scramble to organise their special event days and start to advertise to players, members, sponsors etc and all of a sudden all seems to be thrown out the door due to "changes".
    Garry was an old school footy administrator, much like Peter Hiscock (although with a different style). Had a feel for the game, its history, the clubs, its culture, etc.

    Now we are stuck with bureaucrats.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO