Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

I can tell you now most of our prems girls have given us an assurance that they will not be leaving the club and will stick it to the league and play in the lower grade. Won't be a good look for the league when Amanda "fridge" Farrugia the captain of the giants is playing in a lower divison

Agree Tom, most new Prem club women's teams are happy to "progress" through the ranks. I've discussed with St George and North Shore and they believe it is the right thing to do, but blame lies on the league for trying to fast track it. At the end of the day, the league has a plan, with little consultation with MANY of the clubs, that they cannot explain or sell outside the clique when questions are asked.

The league actually stated late last year that non prem teams could nominate for PD in 2020, as it will be a 10 team comp. Suggest these clubs don't waste their time or ink on sending in a proposal, it's all just lip service.

The geographic spread for Women's PD teams this year sees 5 of the 8 teams within about a 10 km radius of each other. What a great pathway opportunity!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac warrior View Post
    I can tell you now most of our prems girls have given us an assurance that they will not be leaving the club and will stick it to the league and play in the lower grade. Won't be a good look for the league when Amanda "fridge" Farrugia the captain of the giants is playing in a lower divison
    They say that now, doubt shell stick around

I guess you don't know fridge

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac warrior View Post
    I guess you don't know fridge
    of course not but what benefit does she have to gain by playin a lower division, watch your Sydney Uni/ Unsw/ NS circle her with cash and promises it will be hard for her to say no

She has never been paid by mac uni and has been offered money from rival clubs before.

It's a thing called loyalty.something a lot of footy players don't have

She will eventually be 'voluntold' to play in the Prems if she wants to maintain her career in the AFLW.

Tomkins cleared from Penrith to East Coast. I dare say it was a suggestion for the benefit of your employment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Tomkins cleared from Penrith to East Coast. I dare say it was a suggestion for the benefit of your employment.
    Have your eyes checked, Pekay. Cleared from Penrith to AFLW on permit until March 30 mate.

No, it was there but has been denied. Filter by date and scroll past the one you're referring to.

Prems Round 1
    UNSW vs Penno @ Henson on Sunday
    SU vs St George @ Henson on Saturday
    ECE vs UTS @ Kanebridge
    Wests vs NShore @ Picken
    Many vs Camden @ Weldon

No real interesting clashes there, Manly should pick up a win at home against Camden.
    Hard to see anyone stopping UNSW with their Swans connection.

With the junior footy factories supporting Easts and Norths (look at the under 19 results last year - across the 2 divisions) IMO both Easts and Norths will dominate the comp for the foreseeable future.

A more contentious issue is how does the Sydney AFL feed / direct some Easts natural juniors to a UTS under 19s program and should a new senior club based out of St Ives be considered?

I feel for the Western Syndey clubs but the pipeline of talented juniors is just not there - growth will probably come with more and stronger clubs with the 10 - 15 km radius of the City.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast