Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Season 2019

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    2014.... The last time a power first grade side beat a St George reserves team. 105-22 and 93-26 the last two times the reserves played power first grade.

It's good to hear your doing well now they have created the spud comp for you. Imagine needing to pay players in a "platinum division" competition.
    I don’t mind people like you - who hold onto the past for the sake of an argument.

The way your club is going, you guys will be the 8th team in said ‘spud’ comp.

No one is paid to play at the Power. They like the place and enjoy playing footy alongside each other.

Have a nice evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    We’ll happily go about our business building team success in an inclusive team environment. We don’t need people who name-drop ressies players like they are house-hold names coming down to see how we are going as a club.
    In fairness to Saviour, some of the names he mentions are certainly household names in Premier Division. Dec, Guthrie & Wilsen the stand outs.

Two different comps and likely wont play each other much anyway. ... maybe next pre season arrange a decent showdown, put a wager on it between the clubs and decide that way, stating we would smash a club when one is in Premier Division and one is in Platinum or whatever they call it.

The Southern Power are clearly doing well in the comp they are in, but you cant compare them at all to Prems until they make a jump!

Is the top four sorted already?

Quote Originally Posted by Pmcc2911 View Post
    Is the top four sorted already?
    That's a big call if you're serious.
    I'd be backing Bulldogs, Syd Uni and Bombers and I'd factor in Penno and Wests.
    Too early to see Baulko as anything but bolters.

Semi serious, agree would lock in SU, North and UNSW.
    Also agree the the next two spots are between ECE, Penno and Wests, (although Wests depth will be tested as the year goes on)

Stevie Johnson to line up for Manly against UTS May 25. Free schooners of sunscreen for the 1st 50 people.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Stevie Johnson to line up for Manly against UTS May 25. Free schooners of sunscreen for the 1st 50 people.

How on earth did they score that one? Just shows how reactive the Sydney afl is these days, what a great opportunity for the league but they still have not even announced it almost a day on.

Need to spend less time on their garbage "boy oh boy wowee" segments (another recycled unoriginal concept) and actually just do things that are informative and accurate.

They should go back to Gary offer him triple the money currently run like a rugby league competition

I would think they scored that one with a truck load of cash. Steve I believe has shopped himself to a few clubs, good luck to them though.

The Sydney AFL Website is weird, they dont seem to promote anything relevant.

Gary would be a awesome fit to bring back in but I would think now with all layers in place and politics within the organization he wouldn't come back even if we all begged him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Culmination View Post
    I would think they scored that one with a truck load of cash. Steve I believe has shopped himself to a few clubs, good luck to them though.

The Sydney AFL Website is weird, they dont seem to promote anything relevant.

Gary would be a awesome fit to bring back in but I would think now with all layers in place and politics within the organization he wouldn't come back even if we all begged him.
    Given he is running cricket on the central coast these days its remoter than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Footy Barista View Post
    How on earth did they score that one? Just shows how reactive the Sydney afl is these days, what a great opportunity for the league but they still have not even announced it almost a day on.

Need to spend less time on their garbage "boy oh boy wowee" segments (another recycled unoriginal concept) and actually just do things that are informative and accurate.

They should go back to Gary offer him triple the money currently run like a rugby league competition

I'm assuming this stunt is similar to Warwick Capper appearance the other year to play a game of ressies and get on the piss after.

If he is hanging around after 1 game that'll be interesting

Troy Luff...I thought he had given it away years ago, but it seems that he is still punching.
    Go you good thing Troy !

Last I heard, he was hanging in there in the hope of snagging an elusive first flag after 100 seasons - I thought he'd given up the fight. But he's still in there and his choice of team is looking strong so far.

It's been a long and distinguished career and I've admired his football many times over the years.

Join me in wishing him all the best for this season.