Page 18 of 90 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Pushing for Selection
    Photo gallery now up NEAFL Swans v Redland

I don't know what game the coaches were watching. Melican in best players list??????

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    I wonder what is wrong with him. He was fantastic last year. He cant be injured otherwise he wouldn't be playing. I wonder if it's a confidence or match-fitness issue.
    Re: Melican. He was injured most of last year; you must be thinking about 2017, when he did have a fine year, playing along side Reg.

I was looking forward to seeing Melican and Aliir playing together, something has hasn't happened often.

Melican seems to have reverted to the way he played before his breakout in 2017.

I wonder how much of an impact the loss of Rhyce Shaw is having on some of our players? I got the impression he was a major factor for some of them.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I wonder how much of an impact the loss of Rhyce Shaw is having on some of our players? I got the impression he was a major factor for some of them.
    Indeed, but didn't he go to North?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I don't know what game the coaches were watching. Melican in best players list??????
    NEAFL bests are just BS, always have been. I rely on RWO'ers to tell me who the real bests are!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    In his collection of news reports Zachary Gates mentions, in his own report on the ressies, the "Swans Academy enforcer Hamish Ellen". It'd be a while since we last had one of those!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    In his collection of news reports Zachary Gates mentions, in his own report on the ressies, the "Swans Academy enforcer Hamish Ellen". It'd be a while since we last had one of those!
    Even though he is often referred to as a "big lump of a lad", I doubt if you could call him an enforcer. In my reserves watching, I don't think I've ever seen him angry. Though if I heard the comments from the bench correctly, in last week's game, his nickname is Hammer.
    Having said that, I do think that he's quite promising, with a reasonable chance of being rookie listed.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Even though he is often referred to as a "big lump of a lad", I doubt if you could call him an enforcer. In my reserves watching, I don't think I've ever seen him angry. Though if I heard the comments from the bench correctly, in last week's game, his nickname is Hammer.
    Having said that, I do think that he's quite promising, with a reasonable chance of being rookie listed.
    The nickname Hammer probably refers to his first name ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I tend to agree.....while pointing out that he's hardly setting the coaches box alight at North at the moment.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    B: 31. H Reynolds 16. Z Foot 50. K Veerhuis
    HB: 42. R Fox 47. T Pink 27. J McInerney
    C: 59. M Belbasis 38. C O’Riordan 19. M Ling
    HF: 51. R Barkley 1. J Rose 45. S Wicks
    F: 57.T Baxter 17. D Cameron 52. J Pawle
    R: 46. J Amartey 33. R Stoddart 32. J Bell
    Int: 49. C Kilpatrick 53. K McKellar 58. I Olsen 56. T Tyson 48. Z Youlten
    Emg: 25. B Ronke 54. J Shumack

In: 58. I Olsen 56. T Tyson 42. R Fox 27. J McInerney 59. M Belbasis 48. Z Youlten 17. D Cameron 57.T Baxter
    Out: 57. N Brewer (Academy) 55. K McGrath (Academy) 58. H Ellem (Academy) 59. S Gaden (injured) 54. L Swaney (Academy) 43. L Melican (AFL) 22. N Blakey (AFL)
    New: 59. M Belbasis 58. I Olsen 56. T Tyson 57.T Baxter

GIANTS
    B: 48. M Beaumont 32. K Briggs 10. A Bonar
    HB: 46. C Brown 44. J Buckley 43. D Buckley
    C: 37. I Hill 25. L Keeffe 39. C Idun
    HF: 17. Z Langdon 33. X O’Halloran 51. W Mudge
    F: 49. E Perryman 34. N Shipley 52. J Pope
    R: 30. M Flynn 28. Z Sproule 42. J Stein
    Int: 21. M Buntine 13. I Cumming 9. J Hately 26. D Simpson 47. C Steele
    Emg: 53. A Whyte

In: 17. Z Langdon 25. L Keeffe 47. C Steele 48. M Beaumont 21. M Buntine 52. J Pope 53. A Whyte 43. D Buckley 9. J Hately
    Out: 35. A Corr (AFL) 48. S Barkley (Syd Uni) 47. M McGrory 51. H Grant 53. K Flack 54. G Kendall 52. L Squire 45. J Peatling (all Academy)
    New: 17. Z Langdon 47. C Steele