Page 19 of 90 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Regular in the Side
    I can really not see Zac Foot at Full Back. Like best players position are absolute BS.

Pushing for Selection
    Like listing Ronke as NEAFL emergency? Thats quite a drop. Tough assignment for this line up.

Ronke looked like a world beater in the first half of 2018 and now looks hopeless. What a decline! He seems to have no confidence or touch at present.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The 4 senior emergencies are named in the team, COR Rose and Cameron in the 23 and Ronke as an emergency.

What we know is that if the NEAFL game is NOT the curtain raiser at least one of the emergencies will sit out. So Ronke May well be that emergency. However given he is out of form and needs game time it would make little sense making him sit out a week of football (unless he is possibly sore?)

Hi

I'm interested in your views given the great knowledge of NEAFL a lot of you have - J Shumack is on the Syd Uni roster as a rookie but is listed as an emergency for us this week. Out of interest how does this work?

thanks

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The 4 senior emergencies are named in the team, COR Rose and Cameron in the 23 and Ronke as an emergency.

What we know is that if the NEAFL game is NOT the curtain raiser at least one of the emergencies will sit out. So Ronke May well be that emergency. However given he is out of form and needs game time it would make little sense making him sit out a week of football (unless he is possibly sore?)
    Making sense does not seem to be forte of the coaching panel at the moment. Taking 4 emergencies to Melbourne last week virually assured that there would be little choice as to who could play this week, given that all 4 lost a week of match fitness and exposed form. Even then, Melican AND Blakey does not figure when you look at the performaces in last weeks game and the deficienceis last week in the seniors. It is mind boggling!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Veteran Site Admin
    They didn’t take four emergencies. Just two.

Add another one on their too Belbasis as well on a Syd Uni list, cant see why there is a Team list if they switch teams internally. Can understand top ups outside of a NEAFL listed player but grabbing a NEAFL player from another club really makes a bit of a mockery of the system?

Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
    Hi

I'm interested in your views given the great knowledge of NEAFL a lot of you have - J Shumack is on the Syd Uni roster as a rookie but is listed as an emergency for us this week. Out of interest how does this work?

thanks

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Ronke looked like a world beater in the first half of 2018 and now looks hopeless. What a decline! He seems to have no confidence or touch at present.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I fear for Ronke as he is a turnover waiting to happen by foot, unless he is shooting for goal. Chronic ingrained technical weakness in his kicking.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    They didn’t take four emergencies. Just two.
    Thanks Liz, 4 were missing. Cameron and McLean were apparently injured but not noted on the injury list.My mistake.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    After viewing a few NEAFL games I just want to share my impressions of the side. Overall I think we have a really good bunch of developing players, most of whom look capable of senior football, some with more development time than others.

Amartey has put on 8kgs since last year and will probably whack on a bit more by next. He is going to be a very strong athletic ruck/forward and has a good shot of getting a game this year and many more after that.

Bell has improved and is getting into the play more and given our small midfielder weekness also has a shot this year.

Ling needs more time to get back into the swing of playing again but is much more agression at the ball than last year now that his toe has healed. Very nice evasive skills , reading of the play and disposal.On track for selection in about a month.

The much maligned Toby Pink has good skills and is probably one of the best set shots on the list.He is playing everywhere at the moment, forward, back and in the ruck.I think he can make it too.

Wicks seems to do everything right and is also on track for selection.

Stoddart is good, fast and skilful, but has not stacked on any bulk, which seems to be his biggest problem.

Zac Foot is starting to show something but needs more time to adjust and grow a bit.

Harry Reynolds is an interesting one. He shows a huge amount of game awareness and attacking flair but needs to put on about 6 or 8 kgs to start winning the one on one's.

Mclean seems a decent enough player for back up but may struggle to get a game.

The others you all know about COR, Rose, Fox, Cameron, all capable of performing a role in the seniors if allowed to get a few games in a row.

Also, an honourable mention to the Academy players. There is a lot to be optimistic about as far as the local talent goes.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rose replaced by Shumack
    Ronke not playing.