Page 39 of 90 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

I don't understand why COR, Clarke and Menzel are named. If nothing else it does suggest they are the players most on the fringes of the senior side. Not surprising but still interesting.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I don't understand why COR, Clarke and Menzel are named. If nothing else it does suggest they are the players most on the fringes of the senior side. Not surprising but still interesting.
    Simply because all three are named on the extended interchange bench for the senior game. Those named in the starting 18 are considered locked into the side, with four of the remaining players to be locked in when the final team is named this afternoon. Until then, all the extended bench can be considered as potential NEAFL starters.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    Tough game with Pink the only listed player in the back six. All GWS interchange can be expected to play but the Swans will lose at least five of their interchange players to the AFL.
    True but you would think at least one of Thurlow or Stoddart will also play in this game. Amartey also played back last week and was named as one of our better players. With McLean also back this week, there's a good chance Amartey will again play in the backline.

Regular in the Side
    I would think Thurlow would play somewhere this week as he was travelling emergency last week. Could well be first in line to replace Fox though Cameron, Rose, Rowbottom and Stoddart also merit an AFL chance. Can't see COR or Menzel getting axed unless injured but Clarke was quiet against the Cats if we are looking at two in's.

They won't be dropping Clarke after his tagging performances. He'll be a shoo-in to tag Gaff this weekend.

Can't see Thurlow coming in unless they want to re-jig the back 7 (Mills to midfield anyone?)

My guess is Rowbottom or Rose in with the one missing out acting as the emergency.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    They won't be dropping Clarke after his tagging performances. He'll be a shoo-in to tag Gaff this weekend.

Can't see Thurlow coming in unless they want to re-jig the back 7 (Mills to midfield anyone?)

My guess is Rowbottom or Rose in with the one missing out acting as the emergency.
    Ooh, I'd like to see that!

Senior season is shot so I reckon they should start to forget about winning at all costs each week and start to look at players in potential new roles like Mills in the midfield, maybe give Rowbottom who was an inside mid at U18 some time in there, give Stoddart a few weeks at HBF, maybe try COR through the midfield where he has played well in NEAFL. Try anything that may advance players and structures for 2020.

Edit, forgot I was in NEAFL thread but it may as well stay here

Feels like Mills won't be playing in the mids until Cameron is rucking in the AFL = never

Backline is ,except for Pink, all Academy players
    58. N Brewer 60. S Gaden 48. A Watling
    HB: 53. K McKellar 47. T Pink 57. R van Huisstede

Pink the veteran

Stoddart not playing

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Stoddart not playing
    Late change in the senior side? You reporting from the game Ugg?

Interesting Cameron starting in the ruck this week, with Knoll at full forward.

Quarter time

Swans 2.1 (13) Giants 3.3 (21)

Goals: Ronke Eynaud
    Goals: Shipley D.Buckley Hill