Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Pushing for Selection
    McLean wore 28 for this game (I think), #21 was running around but not sure who wore it. If anyone can supply names for #46 onward, it would be appreciated :-)

Pushing for Selection

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Tucker not playing yet? What number did McLean get? Which ex Swans lined up for the Students?
    Might have something to do with him doing his ACL under 12 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by ootf View Post
    Many thanks ootf. Some great shots there.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Others may know which/how many ex-AFL players Uni Sydney have. But they don’t have Towers - he is at University of NSW-Eastern Suburbs as player/coach - and Xavier Richards and Craig Bird both left Uni Sydney end last year.
    Richards is playing for Balwyn in the EFL this year. That would mean his coach is Eade.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Might have something to do with him doing his ACL under 12 months ago
    I was aware he was returning from injury but I thought he was further advanced. However I see his injury is listed as being still "indefinite" on the latest edition of the injury list. Haven't we seen him running since over a month ago?

I was aware he was returning from injury but I thought he was further advanced. However I see his injury is listed as being still "indefinite" on the latest edition of the injury list. Haven't we seen him running since over a month ago?
    Yes he's running but apparently there is a new policy at the Swans of not rushing them back. Let's see if that applies to Buddy.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Pushing for Selection
    Numbers for top-ups from Saturday's NEAFL practice game (see photo link above in previous post)
    #21 Hamish Lelliot
    #46 Wes Greenaway
    #48 Matt Dyster
    #49 Cooper Kilpatrick
    #50 Kyle Veerhuis
    #51 Andrew Sierakowski
    #52 John Pawle
    #53 Kyle McKellar
    #54 Rory Barkley
    #55 Zac Cameron
    #56 Jeremy Schumack
    #57 Clarrie Barker
    #58 Matthew Belbasis

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Yes he's running but apparently there is a new policy at the Swans of not rushing them back. Let's see if that applies to Buddy.

Buddy didn't do an ACL.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Buddy didn't do an ACL.
    No he didn't but the idea is to not bring any player back too early no matter how much they believe in their own body. It worked out really well last year playing an injured Lance Franklin. He may have kicked 57 goals but think how many he would have kicked had he been fully fit.

Lance has had injuries every year he has been here which have been exacerbated by the fact he has been brought back early. He has had the shoulder operated on several times. The same shoulder. So Menzel had an ACL. He has not had a recurrence and has now played since late 2015. He has played 2016, 2017, 2018 without any problem with the knee. The reason he was out so long last season is because some twit stuffed up an injection to his groin. I have had a similar injection to my shoulder where the pain should have been eased. The injection is supposed to last 3 months. But my pain has lasted nearly 6 months amplified by 10. He has had some corrective surgery just after pre-season started and needs to be brought along slowly.

But this is my point about all our players who have been injured. The medical staff are taking no risks this year which I agree with. Ling, Naismith, Bud, Biscuit, Cameron, Jack, Smith and Tucker. All coming along slowly. Ollie is different as his injury was quite light, twisted ankle/bruised foot. But any player who has had surgery is being brought along slowly giving them a greater chance of recovering 100%

Veterans List
    Tucker not playing yet?
    I have a hunch that Tucker as a rookie will be an inspired selection. He played well as an under-ager for WA at the 2017 U18 Championships but his 18yo year was cruelled by an ACL.

Apparently an impressive young man who will be given as much time as needed to recover, getting him without using a ND draft pick is nice.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ootf View Post
    Pictures from today's game NEAFL Swans v Syd Uni - Paul Carter
    Fantasic shots mate. You must have fantastic gear, not to mention a special talent for photography.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast