Page 54 of 90 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I really love that they stream the games via the Internet. It’s great that I can use my smart tv to watch it on the big screen

Why is this game not being shown or replayed on NITV though?
    The game is being replayed right now on NITV channel 34.

I hope they have sorted out the middle of blacktown for the southport game this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    My favourite of this year's crop (as I've mentioned before) is Martin but I suspect he's not on the radar, given he didn't get selected for the U18 championships. Of all the players we've seen, he's the one that looks to have a weapon - his penetrating and usually accurate kicking - that should translate to AFL level. He's also reasonably quick and good overhead for his size. I think he could definitely develop into a handy back pocket player in time.

Of those who played in the U18 championships, Luke Parks was probably the most consistent. There's another bunch who shape up to provide a solid U19 development squad for next season.

Of the current U19 development squad, I don't think Kilpatrick has put a foot wrong. For most matches he's looked as dangerous - maybe more so - as Foot. His size might count against him taking the next step, though he did ruck the entire first quarter for the NEAFL team this evening (according to the commentators, at least).
    Martins a great footballer but I think it may be general professionalism and lack of application that may be holding him back.

Parks was very consistent throughout the allies series as was Thorne but I didnt see anything from Thorne that made me think , "Gee he is good". I suspect that he may have a very good professional approach to his football which the swans like. Parks looks a good competitive backman.

I think it was mentioned elsewhere but the one who really went out of sight was Rayner. He was good enough to play in the all stars game prior to last years grand final yet this year he played only the first game for the allies where they were comprehensively beaten by Vic Country.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Exactly what we're looking for in the ones. Hope he makes the grade.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Regular in the Side
    On those HO numbers Knoll would have to be considered for the Carlton match if Cameron is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    On those HO numbers Knoll would have to be considered for the Carlton match if Cameron is not available.
    He was up against Hannath, ruckman recently delisted from Freo. Certainly numbers look good but just looked slow, a bit clueless in general play. I think he would really struggle against Kreuzer this week who is pretty good around the park and also capable of moving forward to kick the odd goal. If Cameron unavailable, might be better to bring Amartey in to tag team with Aliir.

Veterans List
    I think Stoddart must now get a game. The 3 players that offered little last week; Ronke, Florent and Hayward have to be looked at, given the lack of scoring power from our forward smalls. Both Hayward and Ronke have shown that they have very small tanks and we need some oomph in the team. To me Stoddart has been pidgeon holed or stereotyped as a half back flanker, yet he has good speed and skills best suited to a wing. With his and Dawson's kicking skills surely we would benefit from 2 players delivering the ball well into the forward line. Whereas Dawson tends to not move the ball on quickly Stoddart is the opposite. Running off the wing either just outside or inside the 50 he surely provides us a with a different dimension to our forward moves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    He was up against Hannath, ruckman recently delisted from Freo. Certainly numbers look good but just looked slow, a bit clueless in general play. I think he would really struggle against Kreuzer this week who is pretty good around the park and also capable of moving forward to kick the odd goal. If Cameron unavailable, might be better to bring Amartey in to tag team with Aliir.
    All the Swans posts on Twitter have not given Amartey a mention. Cameron certainly did today.

Veterans List
    I'm another in the Stoddart camp.....time to promote him.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I'm another in the Stoddart camp.....time to promote him.
    Needs to get a haircut, it's holding him back!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Needs to get a haircut, it's holding him back!
    Not holding Rowbottom back.