Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

I thought Clarke was good enough to get another shot in the seniors, but I would put Fox ahead of Clarke. He uses the ball better and is more damaging when he has the ball. He has a good a game awareness and is one of the leaders on the ground.

I have a good feeling about Sam Wicks. He's a really solid player who can have an impact in several positions.

Amartey kicked a great goal at the 3rd qtr siren. He would probably find AFL level challenging, but less so than Knoll, who also wasn't too bad.

I also thought Thorne had the composure of a more senior player.

Amartey, Stoddart, Fox and Clarke all in the selection mix this week.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    They said he left before the fracas. Maybe he left early because someone told him to go and he was in ordinary condition. If he has got the Talia treatment there is only one person to blame.
    TO be fair to Clarke,.this is all pure conjecture.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    TO be fair to Clarke,.this is all pure conjecture.
    Yes, agreed - good to make that point. I don't believe the theory. I think it's a matter of preferring Rowbottom (reasonably), but I think they're both needed at the moment.

With an eye to the seniors, I look forward to the tackle count for Menzel.

With most predictions for the removal of all (or most) of the small forwards in Ronke, Haywood and Jack, any replacement needs to bring forward pressure - something Menzel didn't apparently have in his Geelong era.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    With an eye to the seniors, I look forward to the tackle count for Menzel.

With most predictions for the removal of all (or most) of the small forwards in Ronke, Haywood and Jack, any replacement needs to bring forward pressure - something Menzel didn't apparently have in his Geelong era.
    Menzel had two tackles (22 disposals, 9 marks, 2.1).

Ronke also 2 tackles, with 9 disposals and zero marks

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Naismith back

SYDNEY
    B: 56. C Flanagan 6. J Thurlow 53. K McKellar
    HB: 57. B Campbell 47. T Pink 16. Z Foot
    C: 32. J Bell 27. J McInerney 58. L Parks
    HF: 54. N Brewer 59. J Rayner 49. C Hirst
    F: 55. J Barling 46. J Amartey 35. S Naismith
    R: 48. M Knoll 45. S Wicks 50. S Thorne
    Int (from): 4. R Clarke 42. R Fox 15. K Jack 2. D Menzel 38. C O'Riordan 25. B Ronke 1. J Rose 33. R Stoddart
    Emg: 60. H Ellem 52. M Geddes 39. C Kilpatrick 51. H Maguire
    In: 25. B Ronke 27. J McInerney 15. K Jack 35. S Naismith 38. C O’Riordan 57. B Campbell 58. L Parks 59. J Rayner
    Out: 3. J McVeigh (injured) 41. H McLean (AFL) 57. J Dol (omitted) 51. R Barkley (omitted)
    New: 57. B Campbell
    BRISBANE
    B: 35. R Lester 41. M Eagles 42. J Madden
    HB: 19. J Allison 40. J Payne 18. N Robertson
    C: 28. L Taylor 8. E Smith 34. T Wooller
    HF: 39. C Lyons 47. T Fullarton 45. C McFadyen
    F: 38. C Ballenden 13. T Berry 20. C Cox
    R: 21. S Skinner 36. R Mathieson 4. R Bastinac
    Int: 51. K Coleman 54. N Cumberland 50. T Griffiths 32. T Joyce 37. B Starcevich
    Emg: 52. T Matthews
    In: 35. R Lester 37. B Starcevich 50. T Griffiths
    Out: 1. B Keays (AFL) 44. A Smith (injured) 14. J Walker (AFL)

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Sydney Swans (3rd) v Brisbane Lions (1st) at Blacktown International Sportspark, 10.30am

- - - Updated - - -

And link to live stream:
    Last edited by ugg; 26th July 2019 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Naismith back

SYDNEY
    B: 56. C Flanagan 6. J Thurlow 53. K McKellar
    HB: 57. B Campbell 47. T Pink 16. Z Foot
    C: 32. J Bell 27. J McInerney 58. L Parks
    HF: 54. N Brewer 59. J Rayner 49. C Hirst
    F: 55. J Barling 46. J Amartey 35. S Naismith
    R: 48. M Knoll 45. S Wicks 50. S Thorne
    Int (from): 4. R Clarke 42. R Fox 15. K Jack 2. D Menzel 38. C O'Riordan 25. B Ronke 1. J Rose 33. R Stoddart
    Emg: 60. H Ellem 52. M Geddes 39. C Kilpatrick 51. H Maguire
    In: 25. B Ronke 27. J McInerney 15. K Jack 35. S Naismith 38. C O’Riordan 57. B Campbell 58. L Parks 59. J Rayner
    Out: 3. J McVeigh (injured) 41. H McLean (AFL) 57. J Dol (omitted) 51. R Barkley (omitted)
    New: 57. B Campbell
    BRISBANE
    B: 35. R Lester 41. M Eagles 42. J Madden
    HB: 19. J Allison 40. J Payne 18. N Robertson
    C: 28. L Taylor 8. E Smith 34. T Wooller
    HF: 39. C Lyons 47. T Fullarton 45. C McFadyen
    F: 38. C Ballenden 13. T Berry 20. C Cox
    R: 21. S Skinner 36. R Mathieson 4. R Bastinac
    Int: 51. K Coleman 54. N Cumberland 50. T Griffiths 32. T Joyce 37. B Starcevich
    Emg: 52. T Matthews
    In: 35. R Lester 37. B Starcevich 50. T Griffiths
    Out: 1. B Keays (AFL) 44. A Smith (injured) 14. J Walker (AFL)
    Braeden Campbell in for first NEAFL game. Gee a lot of academy kids generally in the team. Will be tough against the league leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Braeden Campbell in for first NEAFL game. Gee a lot of academy kids generally in the team. Will be tough against the league leaders.
    Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing how Campbell goes. And Ellem, if he comes into the side. Hopefully both can boost their cases for being drafted. Campbell as a fairly high pick in 2020 and Ellem this year, as a possible late pick or rookie.

And like you, I don't really hold much hope for beating the Lions. They've definitely benefited from the club having virtually no injuries, all season long. Consequently, they have got a lot of players who could be playing seniors, who instead, have been playing together in the NEAFL, and been developing a large amount of understanding and teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing how Campbell goes. And Ellem, if he comes into the side. Hopefully both can boost their cases for being drafted. Campbell as a fairly high pick in 2020 and Ellem this year, as a possible late pick or rookie.

And like you, I don't really hold much hope for beating the Lions. They've definitely benefited from the club having virtually no injuries, all season long. Consequently, they have got a lot of players who could be playing seniors, who instead, have been playing together in the NEAFL, and been developing a large amount of understanding and teamwork.
    Definitely a tough game for the swans. I think the tipping point for being competitive is 16+ listed players. That is not a knock on the toppies who are awesome, but they are unlisted juniors, whereas the listed players are pro athletes and should deliver far more. I think the swans are at 14 listed players which is light on. Further I imagine naismith will be on limited minutes, and some players will be lost to emergency for the seniors. (Brisbane doesn't have that issue as their seniors play on saturday).

Regardless of the score I think this is the best game for gauging our listed players. If they can perform in a heavy loss against mature listed players then that is a positive.