Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 829 to 840 of 919

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

  1. #829
    Well blow me down. We have the senior team who cant win a single ruck contest, yet 2 out of top 4 players in our reserves are ruckmen.

    Definitive proof we are tanking this season,.

  2. #830
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Well blow me down. We have the senior team who cant win a single ruck contest, yet 2 out of top 4 players in our reserves are ruckmen.

    Definitive proof we are tanking this season,.
    Well, the cue might be in the rack for this season but I'd hardly call what is simply Horse's lack of faith in our reserve ruckmen 'tanking'.....however I do wish he would select Knoll or Amartey in the seniors. We'll see what happens this week....I think we might finally see a change there but if we don't, I'm certainly not going to start crying 'tanking!'.

  3. #831
    Put it this way stevo: any team which has 2x ruckmen in the top 4 of their seconds team would be boasting of their remarkable ruck depth.

  4. #832
    Doesn’t it point to the gulf in standard between NEAFL and AFL? I do hope he employs some of our “remarkable ruck depth” against Gawn on Friday, and it’s not a disaster!

  5. #833
    Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Doesn’t it point to the gulf in standard between NEAFL and AFL? I do hope he employs some of our “remarkable ruck depth” against Gawn on Friday, and it’s not a disaster!
    I think the selectors are crazy if thy don't dive Knoll a go in the ruck this week. When he did the ruck work in the second half it changed the game completely. Around the ground needs improvement, but there is nothing wrong with his tap work at bounce and throw ins. For those who said we should delist Hirst. He kicked 4 and should have kicked six if he did not give away two goals/chances. I would like to see him with a full pre season under his belt.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  6. #834
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I think the selectors are crazy if thy don't dive Knoll a go in the ruck this week. When he did the ruck work in the second half it changed the game completely. Around the ground needs improvement, but there is nothing wrong with his tap work at bounce and throw ins. For those who said we should delist Hirst. He kicked 4 and should have kicked six if he did not give away two goals/chances. I would like to see him with a full pre season under his belt.
    I was one of his detractors who thought he might be delisted; and he still may be becuasse of the difficult decisions to be made, but happy to be proved wrong.
    Last edited by liz; 13th August 2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Fixed quotation formatting
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

  7. #835
    The NEAFL side will be playing their last two regular season games at the Tramway Oval outside the SCG, as Ugg had advised. Great opportunity for all die hard supporters to see many of our young talent play against the GC and Brisbane Lions. We haven't had team play as undercard at the SCG this season so get out there and barrack for the Young Bloods. As our senior team finishes in a few weeks, the availability of players to play in the finals will be interesting. Besides the Lions and GWS sides, it looks like Southport and Aspley will be in the finals. I hope we dont have the same debacle as last years GF when many of our key players couldn't play because of the NEAFL quota if we play against a non aligned AFL team. But hopefully it will be us against the Lions in the GF this year

  8. #836
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    15,157
    It'll be interesting to see if the NEAFL live streams the last 2 games from Tramway Oval, it's not a great place for watching footy with no natural elevated positions to get a good view. I suppose last week's game against Aspley probably had the same issue. Without having intimate knowledge of Aspley's home ground, it looked like the camera was pretty much on ground level leading to some funny angles when play proceeded on the near side.

  9. #837
    We're looking positively gigantic in NEAFL this week with potentially Knoll, Amartey, Cameron and maybe Naismith all in the mix to be selected in NEAFL (although Amartey and / or Knoll could be playing seniors with McLean potentially dropped?)

  10. #838
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    We're looking positively gigantic in NEAFL this week with potentially Knoll, Amartey, Cameron and maybe Naismith all in the mix to be selected in NEAFL (although Amartey and / or Knoll could be playing seniors with McLean potentially dropped?)
    Surely they won't want to carry that many ruckmen in the NEAFL, I guess they'll have to play at least one of them in the AFL for "NEAFL-balance"

  11. #839
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if the NEAFL live streams the last 2 games from Tramway Oval, it's not a great place for watching footy with no natural elevated positions to get a good view. I suppose last week's game against Aspley probably had the same issue. Without having intimate knowledge of Aspley's home ground, it looked like the camera was pretty much on ground level leading to some funny angles when play proceeded on the near side.
    I think they sometimes use mobile elevated platforms to get vision of matches - but that might just be for club purposes and the NEAFL may not get access.

  12. #840
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    15,157
    Not sure what’s gone wrong here but this team list has Jack Clarke and McLean in it who have also been named in the seniors. It also includes all 4 emergencies so any thought of this being an unintended leak of late changes tomorrow should also be put to bed.

    The outs correspond to players that played last week

    Saturday, August 17, 2019
    Sydney Swans (3rd) v Gold Coast SUNS (8th) at Tramway Oval, 12pm
    Click here for live stream
    SYDNEY
    B: 53. K McKellar 6. J Thurlow 43. L Melican
    HB: 16. Z Foot 47. T Pink 33. R Stoddart
    C: 4. R Clarke 1. J Rose 27. J McInerney
    HF: 49. C Hirst 46. J Amartey 15. K Jack
    F: 41. H McLean 17. D Cameron 50. S Thorne
    R: 48. M Knoll 45. S Wicks 19. M Ling
    Int: 51. R Barkley 54. J Barling 56. C Flanagan 57. L Parks 58. R van Huisstede
    Emg: 52. N Brewer 55. B Campbell 60. H Ellem
    In: 4. R Clarke 41. H McLean 51. R Barkley 17. D Cameron 15. K Jack
    Out: 60. J Rayner 51. C Kilpatrick 59. J Dol 52. L Swaney (all omitted)
    GOLD COAST
    B: 17. C Ellis 21. J Leslie 54. L McDonald
    HB: 47. S Fletcher 61. D Koenen 60. R Gilmore
    C: 63. J Johnston 38. J Joyce 42. C Nutting
    HF: 52. C Joyce 55. J Gore 36. J Schoenfeld
    F: 48. H Oea 19. J Corbett 37. I Rankine
    R: 22. T Nicholls 24. A Swallow 56. C Budarick
    Int (from): 45. J Dawson 40. J Heron 33. G Horlin-Smith 31. J Murdoch 35. M Rischitelli 18. B Scheer 30. P Wright 15. A Young
    Emg: 53. A Davies 50. M Selsby 62. E Semaan
    In: 35. M Rischitelli 63. J Johnston 60. R Gilmore 40. J Heron 33. G Horlin-Smith 45. J Dawson 37. I Rankine
    Out: 4. J Martin 60. C Portelli (both injured) 57. E Reeves 50. M. Selsby (both omitted)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO