Page 77 of 90 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Unfortunately, to be eligible, he needs to have played three NEAFL games this season. He's only played two.
    The club seemed ignorant to that rule, as from memory on Tuesday Gardiner suggested he could play a couple of finals.

What did everyone think of Bell and Ling yesterday ?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    What did everyone think of Bell and Ling yesterday ?
    Bell was really good. He seems to have a very strong competitive streak. He kept on throwing himself into the inside midfield contests, even though he's probably more suited to an outside midfield role and even though Brisbane had a lot more mature-bodied midfield rotations. Extracted the ball a number of times and used it pretty well. He also topped the tackle count.
    Ling showed his class a few times, but went through periods were he was anonymous. Though it's probably hard to get a lot of possessions, as a defensive flanker, against a team that was moving the ball well.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    NEAFL awards happening now

Rowbottom was right up there in the mvp voting when the votes stopped being public but he didn’t play many NEAFL games after that

But he’s won the Goal of the Year award with his monster effort against the Suns in Round 2

Ugg
    Any of the above players elected we should consider bringing on board the snr list if we can attract them to the swans ?

I watched the NEAFL game yest

I tried to focus on only 3 players who I hope can contest the top22 next year

Bell
    Ling
    McInerny

If we look at the Paul Roos model of :

Athletic ability
    Skill
    Attitude

BELL
    Athletic ability - he was athletic and ran hard and competed most of the game

Skill - still along way off Snr football / including his approach to the centre clearances. He kept making the same movements into the contest, same angles, with minimal affect. He was being tagged in inside so no doubt a challenge for a young outside player making the transition this season late to inside mid. I don’t dismiss if bell gets Roses spot facing toward our goal when coming into the centre clearance he may find this easier next season. Playing backwards ain’t easy looping around as an inside mid in ur first season.

Attitude - he was quite animated and vocal and made concerted second efforts.

————

LING
    I don’t think it is fair to judge Ling just yet. I need a greater sample when he is fit. He was ok yest at best I felt but has had limited preparation and training.

McINERNY - I know he is a bit behind with only his first pre season and he is 18yrs of age but I like his ability to stand in traffic and assess options. Let’s be honest most kids don’t do this well. There are only a few that come along that have the presence of mind to create under pressure with out fear of getting tackled or hurt. Can’t wait to see him at pre season 2020 and continue to develop his running game on the wings. Personally I think he is a HBF and he does that with ease already but like any of our young guys with promise we give them positional changes to develop. Justin mainly played wing yest and some inside mid 3rd qtr etc which is much more of a 360 degree challenge

Jake Bartholomaeus won the NEAFL MVP award which is a great result for the Swans Academy as he is a recent graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Jake Bartholomaeus won the NEAFL MVP award which is a great result for the Swans Academy as he is a recent graduate.
    Ugg, you are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to NEAFL and Academy stuff etc. Keidean Coleman is supposedly a Brisbane Academy player right? But he played NEAFL all season from what I believe. So is he past his draft year and if so, shouldn't he be available to be drafted by anyone now?

He looks great and would love to see him in a Swans jumper as he has plenty of upside!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Suns take heat off ruckman with new deal - AFL.com.au

Is Nicholls worth a punt for 2020?

Free agent

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Suns take heat off ruckman with new deal - AFL.com.au

Is Nicholls worth a punt for 2020?

Free agent
    He thrashed our rucks a few weeks ago. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Ugg, you are pretty knowledgeable when it comes to NEAFL and Academy stuff etc. Keidean Coleman is supposedly a Brisbane Academy player right? But he played NEAFL all season from what I believe. So is he past his draft year and if so, shouldn't he be available to be drafted by anyone now?

He looks great and would love to see him in a Swans jumper as he has plenty of upside!

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    I think it comes down to whether or not he nominated for the draft. This article suggests that he did nominate (as he attended last years draft combine) and therefore the Lions wouldn't have first dibs on him in this draft; Rd 3 NEAFL Rising Star Nominee: Keidean Coleman | NEWS | NEAFL.