Page 72 of 90 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Amartey now playing in the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Haven’t seen Stoddart at all this quarter, must be injured.
    Yes, last I saw of him on the field, was about ten minutes into the second. However, at the half time siren, I saw him start to walk on to the field with the rest of the bench to join his teammates, but after about ten metres, somebody told him not to bother and he trudged back. Perhaps he was favouring his left leg, but I didn't see any ice, so maybe it's not too serious?

Fulltime

Swans 9.7 (61)
    Suns 13.18 (96)

Goals: Foot 3 McLean 2 Amartey Hirst Rose van Huisstede
    Suns: Nutting 4 Wright 2 Gore Rankine Scheer Schoenfeld Young Oea Nicholls

Rose our best again, Foot had one his best games for us. Think Ling and Cameron sat out most of the last quarter.
    Last edited by ugg; 17th August 2019 at 03:52 PM.

Best Players: Z. Foot, T. Pink, S. Thorne, J. Rose

Best Players: Z. Foot, T. Pink, S. Thorne, J. Rose
    Unless the Footy Live stats have got it horribly wrong, Pink getting in the best is an odd selection. They have him at the bottom of the stats sheet, with two kicks, one handball and one tackle.
    Foot and Rose are fair enough: I had them as our two best. I also thought Thorne had a good game, but I would have had Wicks above him.

He did his job which was mark Corbett out of the game. Corbett who kicked six and three in the last two meetings.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Unless the Footy Live stats have got it horribly wrong, Pink getting in the best is an odd selection. They have him at the bottom of the stats sheet, with two kicks, one handball and one tackle.
    Foot and Rose are fair enough: I had them as our two best. I also thought Thorne had a good game, but I would have had Wicks above him.
    Swans had many poor players today. Foote and Rose were standouts. Dont know why Rose cannot handle AFL footy, he looked a class above at times. Obvious it's a mind thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think we were up against decent opposition. I didn't count the number of listed players but I saw names like Swallow (!), Wright, Rischitelli, Rankine in their team list and that makes me think this isn't such a surprising or disappointing result.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think we were up against decent opposition. I didn't count the number of listed players but I saw names like Swallow (!), Wright, Rischitelli, Rankine in their team list and that makes me think this isn't such a surprising or disappointing result.
    I went to the game, GC played like we played against Aspley. Everytime a swans player got the ball he would get tackled. As result the swans could not develop any structured play with everything being rushed. GC were also super aggressive, especially Nicolls who seemed to be picking fights with everyone. I think Nichols also dominated the ruck and his tap work was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Rischitelli was named on the extended bench earlier on but didn't play this game. It's also Andrew Swallow, and not David, even though he was wearing his brother's number. Swallow joining the recent trend of ex-AFL players who are officially coaches or support staff members but suiting up for the NEAFL team when there is a need. Leigh Harding, Dylan Addison, and there was another Suns one that escapes my memory for the moment.

Rischitelli was named on the extended bench earlier on but didn't play this game. It's also Andrew Swallow, and not David, even though he was wearing his brother's number. Swallow joining the recent trend of ex-AFL players who are officially coaches or support staff members but suiting up for the NEAFL team when there is a need. Leigh Harding, Dylan Addison, and there was another Suns one that escapes my memory for the moment.
    swallow was pretty ordinary, just filling a spot. the young suns players were the guns.