Page 74 of 90 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

Regular in the Side
    Pink is already a three year rookie so our only options are promote, trade or delist. Can always delist and then redraft as a rookie but that runs the risk of him being snapped up by another team. I would promote him as I think we are going to have space on our list and he should offer more than a 4th round draftee.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    We have named five ruckmen. Brisbane have named all listed players (although they should have 2 topups playing once teams are finalised)

Sydney Swans (3rd) v Brisbane Lions (1st) at Tramway Oval, 10.15am
    Click here for live stream
    SYDNEY
    B: 51. R Barkley 6. J Thurlow 48. M Knoll
    HB: 16. Z Foot 47. T Pink 52. E Gulden
    C: 32. J Bell 1. J Rose 27. J McInerney
    HF: 60. S Gaden 46. J Amartey 57. M Geddes
    F: 17. D Cameron 41. H McLean 4. R Clarke
    R: 35. S Naismith 45. S Wicks 19. M Ling
    Int: 55. C Kilpatrick 54. K Martin 53. K McKellar 50. S Thorne 58. R van Huisstede
    Emg: 56. M Rossmann
    In: 32. J Bell 52. E Gulden 55. C Kilpatrick 57. M Geddes 4. R Clarke 54. K Martin 60. S Gaden 35. S Naismith
    Out: 49. C Hirst 33. R Stoddart 56. C Flanagan (all injured) 55. B Campbell 52. N Brewer 54. J Barling 60. H Ellem 57. L Parks (all omitted)
    New: 52. E Gulden
    BRISBANE
    B: 26. T Cutler 41. M Eagles 35. R Lester
    HB: 19. J Allison 40. J Payne 18. N Robertson
    C: 22. M Hinge 8. E Smith 34. T Wooller
    HF: 38. C Ballenden 47. T Fullarton 1. B Keays
    F: 4. R Bastinac 21. S Skinner 13. T Berry
    R: 44. A Smith 45. C McFadyen 39. C Lyons
    Int (from): 43. N Answerth 33. Z Bailey 20. C Cox 36. R Mathieson 16. C Rayner 37. B Starcevich 28. L Taylor 14. J Walker
    Emg: 51. K Coleman 53. N Cumberland 42. J Madden 52. W Martyn
    In: 43. N Answerth 16. C Rayner 33. Z Bailey
    Out: Nil.

Errol Gulden's debut! At least it's an excuse to watch what will most likely be a massacre! Lol.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Yep, just as well we've qualified for finals already - although looks like we're not likely to make too big a dent in the finals this year. Brisbane will surely be rampaging favourites so long as their senior team is still in contention too.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Yep, just as well we've qualified for finals already - although looks like we're not likely to make too big a dent in the finals this year. Brisbane will surely be rampaging favourites so long as their senior team is still in contention too.
    Brisbane have undoubtedly been blessed by a great year injuries wise, but they are building some damn impressive depth. Some very decent footballer in their team for tomorrow, and we are a good chance to get a real belting as a result.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

It will certainly be interesting what tactics the swans use to try to be competitive. They certainly have some height.

I'm not up with the rules surrounding finals eligibilities. What are they? And what would a potential finals lineup look like? Thanks guys in advance for the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I'm not up with the rules surrounding finals eligibilities. What are they? And what would a potential finals lineup look like? Thanks guys in advance for the answers!
    This seems to be the relevant bit of the NEAFL rule book. I say 'seems to be', because anything more than a few lines of legalese, has my attention wandering far away.

FINALS ELIGIBILITY
    (a) Any under 18 academy player/under 19 approved academy player does not have to play any
    Competition home and away matches to qualify.
    (b) Any listed player must have played a minimum of three (3) Competition home and away
    Matches for the club to qualify to play in the Competition finals series.
    (c) In the event a listed player has played five (5) matches or more in the AFL, he must have played
    at least nine (9) Competition home and away Matches to qualify to play in the Competition finals
    series.
    (d) Notwithstanding anything within these Rules, should an AFL Club listed player not be selected to
    play for his AFL Club in an AFL match, that player will be eligible to play in the Competition finals
    series Match with the AFL Club Reserves team that same weekend, irrespective of whether or
    not he has played in a Competition Match that season.
    (e) A primary or rookie listed AFL player is eligible to play in the Competition finals series Match
    where there is a bye/week off in the AFL competition provided he has not played in an AFL team
    in the week prior to the Competition finals match, irrespective of whether or not he has played in
    a Competition Match that season. For clarity, this means that any primary or rookie listed AFL
    player who did play AFL in the week prior to the Competition finals match is not eligible.

Veteran Site Admin
    The players who have played both senior and NEAFL footy (and thus for whom clause c) comes into play are:
    Jack
    Melican
    Stoddart
    McInerny
    Bell
    Rose
    McLean
    Rowbottom
    Menzel

Of those, Bell, Stoddart (who is currently injured anyway - not sure how "season ending" that might be), McLean and McInerney all played fewer than five senior game so will be eligible for NEAFL finals regardless of how many senior games they played.

Without counting, Rose might have got to five senior games but has probably played nine or more NEAFL games. Melican I doubt played nine NEAFL games so won't be eligible.

The rest (Rowbottom, Jack, Menzel) are probably right on the cusp. In the past, players who have finished the season entrenched in the senior team haven't participated in the finals even when technically eligible. I very much Jack would want to anyway. He'd rather end his career on Saturday in a blaze of senior glory.

Thanks for the explanation.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rose 11 NEAFL games Melican 5

All listed in the wiki

2019 Reserves Goalkickers - Sydney Swans RWO Wiki,The Reserves Team Goalkickers 2019

IMHO Rowbottom won’t play having had an extended run in the seniors last few weeks and Menzel i feel they will wrap up in cotton wool for the upcoming preseason
    Last edited by ugg; 23rd August 2019 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Rose 11 NEAFL games Melican 5

All listed in the wiki

2019 Reserves Goalkickers - Sydney Swans RWO Wiki,The Reserves Team Goalkickers 2019

IMHO Rowbottom won’t play having had an extended run in the seniors last few weeks and Menzel i feel they will wrap up in cotton wool for the upcoming preseason
    I hope your right about Menzel Ugg. He has the ability, just needs an injury free run and it is incumbent on us to give him that opportunity.