Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990
Results 1,069 to 1,077 of 1077

Thread: 2019 NEAFL discussion thread

McVeigh could do some cameo on-field coaching?

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Maybe that opens the door for Perrin to pull in the red and white again, I’d he still has the desire and the knees for it. Though other clubs have played regular mature aged players in the NEAFL side before, so maybe it was always permitted. I think Sam Reid played for GWS in between retiring and being redrafted. And I have some vague memory of a mature ex ADL player lining up for the Suns, too. Sandburg? Though that may have been as a one off. I know clubs have been able to apply for special clearance to play non academy players for one off games (as Rampe did before he was drafted).
    Yes, seeing that, I was also wondering how fit Lloyd Perris is. He's only 24. Alternatively, it could be an opportunity for somebody who isn't really an AFL level player, but who wants to advance their coaching career. Someone like Dean Towers, who could be some sort of on field leader and off field assistant coach.

I don't know if Lloyd Perris is match fit but he is fit. He has been leading the time trials, although he was beaten to the line by Dawson last week. Second best of everyone on our list is still pretty fit.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    MEDIA RELEASE: NEAFL announces list rules changes | NEWS | NEAFL
    - AFL clubs permitted to list seven (7) players, including up to two (2) mature-age players and five (5) 19-year-old academy players. I believe our NEAFL Development squad (basically the 19 year olds) has been 7 players in the past few years. I wonder who we will choose to fill in the mature age players. I know Adelaide and West Coast have filled this spot with ex players that have just retired from the AFL - Matthew Wright and Drew Petrie respectively. Could say Kizza pull on the boots for the NEAFL next year? Would he want to?
    I couldn't think of anyone better to help maintain the Bloods ethos, see these comments Jack's Rookie Draft message - sydneyswans.com.au
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I couldn't think of anyone better to help maintain the Bloods ethos, see these comments Jack's Rookie Draft message - sydneyswans.com.au
    Nice one RnR. I liked this quote from Kizza about why the Swans have had such success with the rookie draft. He said one of the main ingredients for success, along with 'hard work', was 'character':

Kinnear Beatson and the Swans look into character. They put a real emphasis on character because the reality is you need a hell of a lot of resilience to have a strong career because there are a lot of downs. There are also ups, but there are a lot of downs, so you’ve got to be able to ride them out, have strong character and dig your way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I know Kizza is a favorite of the younger players. However I am not a fan of retired players taking spots in the NEAFL. The spots should be used for young local talent. The young players have an incredible number of role models in the coaching and support staff already, including Brett Kirk who is now directly developing the ethos and approach of the young players. Lots of meditation!

As an aside Kizza is not lost to the club. he has taken a full time role with the club in the corporate area. However he is reputed to be spending lots of time with the players!

Can't wait for NEAFL 2020! Time to start a new thread. Exciting times with the influx of new blood. Eight promising new players, not counting Knoll and McLean. And most of those are not too speculative. I reckon Warner will kill it in the NEAFL and Rowle and Elijah ("Prophet"?) Taylor the only ones where we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Can't wait for NEAFL 2020! Time to start a new thread. Exciting times with the influx of new blood. Eight promising new players, not counting Knoll and McLean. And most of those are not too speculative. I reckon Warner will kill it in the NEAFL and Rowle and Elijah ("Prophet"?) Taylor the only ones where we will have to wait and see.
    Now that we have 2 Taylors we will have find a way to distinguish who we're talking about. We could just call him Elijah, or perhaps ET, although we'll probably call LT Squiggy, like they did in Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Now that we have 2 Taylors we will have find a way to distinguish who we're talking about. We could just call him Elijah, or perhaps ET, although we'll probably call LT Squiggy, like they did in Brisbane.
    Squizzy I think.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990