Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swans Official Website

Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    For all those interested why the Swans website player profiles and numbers are not current, here is the official response from the Swans

"The players list in our CMS system is controlled by the AFL and relies on updated information from Champion Data so there’s nothing that can be done to fix it unfortunately. All clubs are in the same boat and all experience the same frustrations.

It’s an issue that happens every year that the AFL still hasn’t been able to resolve unfortunately but we have communicated our frustrations to the AFL."

I've had a look at several other AFL club sites and most have their delisted, traded, retired players taken down
    This ia pure BS.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

For all those interested why the Swans website player profiles and numbers are not current, here is the official response from the Swans

"The players list in our CMS system is controlled by the AFL and relies on updated information from Champion Data so there’s nothing that can be done to fix it unfortunately. All clubs are in the same boat and all experience the same frustrations.

It’s an issue that happens every year that the AFL still hasn’t been able to resolve unfortunately but we have communicated our frustrations to the AFL."

I've had a look at several other AFL club sites and most have their delisted, traded, retired players taken down
    This ia pure BS.

Senior - essendonfc.com.au

That is updated
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Veteran Site Admin
    I've had a look at some other clubs' sites. There is a bit of variation. Carlton have integrated their entire playing list into the headshots view, including players just drafted. St Kilda are behind Sydney in that they have removed departed players but haven't even added traded in players (like Hannebery), even without numbers. Other clubs (eg Hawthorn, Gold Coast) have integrated traded in players but not draftees.

Clearly the suggestion that cleaning up the front page of the players' section is dependent on Champion Data stats is, as Legs observes, BS.

And no amount of using Champion Data as a scapegoat can explain why no-one at the club has ever managed to muster the enthusiasm or energy to write even a basic bio for either Pink (two completed years on the list) or O'Riordan (three completed years on the list and three senior games played).

Regular in the Side
    I think it did however tell us that Ronke and Fox on main list therefore we have 39. Does antone else read this.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Another of my bug bears is the person they get to interview players. It's nice to hear from the new players but would be even better if they didn't have to field questions like "how exciting was it for you to be drafted?" "How exciting is it to come to training with Buddy Franklin?"

I mean, how is a person meant to answer a question that begins "how exciting is it".

Interviews with players post game aren't any better. "How good was it to win tonight?" "How did you feel playing your role?"
    Couldn't agree more, Liz. Questions like "How important was that goal that gave us the win?" "How important was it to snap that losing streak?" "How important was finishing with a higher score than them?" "How good was Buddy's six goals?" "How disappointing was it to lose to Gold Coast?" "How is AJ feeling after doing his sixth knee?" "How excited were you kicking seven goals on your first visit to the MCG?"
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    I think it did however tell us that Ronke and Fox on main list therefore we have 39. Does antone else read this.
    Yes, my arithmetic says the same so I think you are right.

Blog Entries

We get real time stats during game time, but can't get players lists updated weeks after the draft??
    Call me cynical!!

Here is the official reply from the AFL

Unfortunately, the information provided is not quite correct.

Clubs always have the ability to create and edit profiles. The information from Champion Data is mainly used for the stats, which would be empty for newly drafted players.

Please see Collingwood as an example, they created profiles for all their new drafted players.

Seniors - collingwoodfc.com.au

I've sent it onto the Swans but bet nothing will happen

Also if you look at the Club link and the Staff Listing - Andrew Ireland is still CEO, Tom Harley is still Football Manager and Rheece Shaw still with us coaching.

I would guess this would take a couple of minutes to update but it looks like when the season finishes so do all the staff ???

I don't think Champion Data control that stuff. But based on some of their ratings and recent press releases, I think they pull that info out of their proverbial.

Well, our complaints seem to have partly worked. All the traded, delisted and retired players are off the site, but there is still new recruits on senior list with 0 as their number and there are only 3 rookies now listed. Now we wait for the the whole site to be up-to-date. Swans really need a better social media / PR team to keep the coach and player info up to date. No excuse for what has happened on Pink profile for example

Veterans List
    If they are too short staffed I'm sure one of our IT savvy Sydney based people wouldn't mind going in for a few hours a couple of times over trade and drafting period and updating everything? I dare say that whoever volunteers could write a suitable piece for some of those players that don't have write ups!

I too have noticed some clubs delete players as soon as they are delisted/traded and add new ones as they come on board.

This is something that is so easy and basic, ffs Swans, just get it right in a timely manner!

Crazy that the club doesn't take advantage of fans with skills.
    That said, I've looked into putting on volunteers (in ACT) and it's a pain in the ass.
    A lot of paperwork and painfulness to endure, and then a bunch of conditions to adhere to.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast