Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swans Official Website

Swans Official Website

Can we take bets on how long it takes for the Swans management and social media gurus to delete delisted, traded and retired players and replace with new incoming traded, drafted and rookie players for the 2019 season. Most teams are progressive and at least deleted all 2018 players no longer with their club. Not Swans!!!!!!

Veterans List
    It is disappointing.....does our club even have an IT/Website co-ordinator/team? If they do and I would assume they do, whoever it is needs a rocket up their proverbial.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It is disappointing.....does our club even have an IT/Website co-ordinator/team? If they do and I would assume they do, whoever it is needs a rocket up their proverbial.
    Someone could write to the club about this. Who’s up for it?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmat View Post
    Can we take bets on how long it takes for the Swans management and social media gurus to delete delisted, traded and retired players and replace with new incoming traded, drafted and rookie players for the 2019 season. Most teams are progressive and at least deleted all 2018 players no longer with their club. Not Swans!!!!!!
    My money would be on a week or so before the new season starts.

The club does so many things well but its website is definitely not one of them. Not only are they slow with content update, like playing lists, they frequently load videos that simply don't play. And a good chunk of the content they put up is pretty banal.

Another of my bug bears is the person they get to interview players. It's nice to hear from the new players but would be even better if they didn't have to field questions like "how exciting was it for you to be drafted?" "How exciting is it to come to training with Buddy Franklin?"

I mean, how is a person meant to answer a question that begins "how exciting is it".

Interviews with players post game aren't any better. "How good was it to win tonight?" "How did you feel playing your role?"

Veterans List
    When are guernsey numbers handed out? Maybe they're waiting for that to happen?

Or maybe they're waiting for Xmas, or the New Year, or the start of the AFL season or ......

Just really annoying that others clubs are onto it straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    When are guernsey numbers handed out? Maybe they're waiting for that to happen?

Or maybe they're waiting for Xmas, or the New Year, or the start of the AFL season or ......

Just really annoying that others clubs are onto it straight away.
    If I’m not mistaken Menzel is listed as number 10 already. This could be news to our former number 10, Zak Jones who is apparently no longer in the list 😱. Nice one I.T. Department 👍
    Last edited by sharp9; 2nd December 2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: More information

Opti-pessi-misti
    It is totally weird that COR and Toby Pink still don't have a bio. Not one word after being on the list for how many years? It is not only slack but seems in a way disrespectful to those players.

I agree, Rojo, most bios either don't have anything or are so dated, they are useless. But most importantly, it is disrespectful to the players, agree 200%. Last year, I contacted Swans and asked why the info on new players wasn't there, they said they were waiting for Champion Data. I found that excuse lame as even basic background info on draft players wasn't there. Its not getting better unfortunately every year we complain but no change. I feel sorry for the players

Regular in the Side
    It is extremely disappointing. We have Hannebery and Rohan still listed with number 0 as the same rank as Clarke and Thurlow, two number 10's Jones and Menzel while Newman is still number 28, talk about all over the place. The draftees are not worth mentioning while Toby Pink does not even rate a head shot but AJ and Brown are still there in all their glory. The main reason why I watch redandwhiteonlline.com is that there is more news and it is more up to date and balanced than the clubs own website.

I honestly never go to the official swans website. Very little of value there. I only go to the AFL.com.au website for match-day scores, and fixture.

I can see why the AFL guard the fixture so carefully. Its the only thing of value

For all those interested why the Swans website player profiles and numbers are not current, here is the official response from the Swans

"The players list in our CMS system is controlled by the AFL and relies on updated information from Champion Data so there’s nothing that can be done to fix it unfortunately. All clubs are in the same boat and all experience the same frustrations.

It’s an issue that happens every year that the AFL still hasn’t been able to resolve unfortunately but we have communicated our frustrations to the AFL."

I've had a look at several other AFL club sites and most have their delisted, traded, retired players taken down

700 or so player entries to update players stats

Copy and paste and check

Might take an 18 year old two days to data entry

It’s quite honestly unbelievable

They put a man on the moon in the 1960s !!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast