Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Swans Official Website

Veteran Site Admin
    Just tried with Chrome and still they don't work. So don't think it is a browser issue. No idea...

Try the Swans app on your phone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Just tried with Chrome and still they don't work. So don't think it is a browser issue. No idea...
    I was using Chrome too, and they don't work.

EDIT: I've now tried Firefox and IE to no avail either.
    Last edited by ScottH; 31st December 2018 at 03:54 PM.

On the Rookie List
    not working for me in Firefox or Chrome on a mac

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Works fine on Safari on a Big Mac.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Works fine on Safari on a Big Mac.
    Do they also work on KFC?

Veterans List
    I tried one of the videos via the swans app using my android phone and it worked. It took awhile to load though.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Do they also work on KFC?
    Nah. Chickened out.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Finally Rhyce Shaw is taken off the coaches on the website. I now asked when the pics for all the new players will be up as well as updated bios for all players. I guess I will be asking the same question this time next season, I did say that it was disrespectful to the players and showed the Swans were not up with the use of social media to promote and market the team to supporters, sponsors and followers

Well done rickmat, stay on their backs. I agree with you that the Swans online presence is sloppy and unprofessional. Not acceptable in today’s digital world and should be easily improved with a suitably qualified staff member .... or even a young enthusiastic amateur who loves the online world.

I note that Kurt Tippett has disappeared altogether from the website although we know he is officially a member of the 2019 rookie list. Yet he remains listed as a player (with number 0) on the Swans app player list. Go figure!

I agree that generally Swans media team are disappointing. However to give them their due I have been impressed that they have been averaging at least one new item on their website daily even though it is a super quiet time of year. At the moment they are doing better than afl.com.au who presumably have many more staff.

Also today they were spruiking something ostensibly new called 'My Swans' which will apparently have additional exclusive content for dedicated fans. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it actually new? Is it any good?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Also today they were spruiking something ostensibly new called 'My Swans' which will apparently have additional exclusive content for dedicated fans. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it actually new? Is it any good?
    I’ve accessed that through the Swans app (link at bottom of screen). You actually log in through your Swans e-account. At the moment it’s a very limited selection of Swans-related emojis, wallpaper, ringtone (the Club song). Perhaps it will be added to over time but currently very little of interest to me.

I think it is Telstra-sponsored and so I suspect has been rolled out to each club, with content tailored accordingly. I don’t think it is a Swans initiative.

(I already have the classic photo of Adam Goodes sinking to his knees immediately after the 2012 GF siren as my phone wallpaper and I’m not changing that for quids!)

IMG_0905.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast