Thread: Membership numbers 2019

Membership numbers 2019

Read an article in the Age all the club memberships so far this year (well maybe not all as Collingwood will not give out their numbers yet) The article has us at 29,046. One has to wonder where they got that number from. Certainly not from the club website.

Senior Player
    I’m predicting a small fall in numbers this year. Maybe around 55000

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Read an article in the Age all the club memberships so far this year (well maybe not all as Collingwood will not give out their numbers yet) The article has us at 29,046. One has to wonder where they got that number from. Certainly not from the club website.
    I'd assume they rang the club. There would already be lots of people who had a kind of automatic membership, where the club has your bank details and simply rolls over from last year - after notifying you of course!

Not a bad start.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

AFL.com.au has our membership at 31,245.
    A long way to go to get to or pass the 60,000 odd of last year.

Veterans List
    I don't renew my membership until January so I don't have to pay my credit card until February... especially after Christmas expenses! I wouldn't be surprised if other members do the same thing.

Senior Player
    I think the majority of the memberships so far would be those that use the “smart pay” monthly option because they roll those over automatically unless you specifically ask to not renew.

I am on smart pay these days. But I used to pay upfront which meant that I had to manually renew each year. So it is those that mostly probably haven’t renewed yet.

I pay upfront.