Page 112 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,333 to 1,344 of 1739

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    For what it’s worth, Dan Hannebery is back for the Saints this week. He was a deeply special player for us, the departure was completely amicable and I hope like hell he gets to finish his footy career on a high. He deserves to.
    Nicely said. I completely agree.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I didn’t see Bobby play but would your top three be him Paul and Adam ?
    Peter Bedford was an exceptional player when we were useless. Brownlow medalist, club captain, B&F winner, state representative, leading goal kicker - he did it all

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    Peter Bedford was an exceptional player when we were useless. Brownlow medalist, club captain, B&F winner, state representative, leading goal kicker - he did it all
    And a State cricketer in his spare time

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    And topped it off with being a State cricketer for Victoria, that was close to being selected for Australia until having to make the choice between cricket or football.

Senior Player
    Jake Niall in The Age pondering if a lack of leadership within the AFL has any chance of improvement.

The AFL failed Adam Goodes because the leadership of the competition was too slow to recognise the racial prejudice inherent in the booing of Goodes and in the disgrace of a champion being hounded into exile.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...03-p5b70m.html

Veterans List
    Carlton just announced George Hewett likely out for rest of year with ongoing back problem. Sad for George but I'm liking the Blues having more problems

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Carlton just announced George Hewett likely out for rest of year with ongoing back problem. Sad for George but I'm liking the Blues having more problems
    Sorry to hear that. He was having a career best season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Sorry to hear that. He was having a career best season.
    I too am sad for Hewett, a player I admired a lot at the Swans. His 2020 season with us was virtually wiped out (he only played six games) by a bulging disc in his back for which he eventually had surgery. If the same problem has re-emerged then it might be a serious risk for his career. I hope that is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I too am sad for Hewett, a player I admired a lot at the Swans. His 2020 season with us was virtually wiped out (he only played six games) by a bulging disc in his back for which he eventually had surgery. If the same problem has re-emerged then it might be a serious risk for his career. I hope that is not the case.
    I cannot help but wonder if it was a factor in us letting him go. Chronic back issues and pain are no joke. I hope Hewett recovers, but was his injury history viewed as a liability by our medical staff?

Veterans List
    Disappointing news for Georgie Hewett. I was sad to see him go last year.

I was reading an article today in the Herald Sun about Hewett's injury. Throughout the article as well as the headline they spelled his name Hewitt. I can excuse fans on a forum making that mistake, but it's inexcusable for a journalist do get that wrong.

The way I remember how to spell his name is: it's George Hewett with an e and Lleyton Hewitt with an i.

Hanners subbed off. Again. With an ankle this time. Hopefully he gets back by R23. Fitting if his final game (if it is) is against us. Love to see our boys chair him off.

Sad that he was the quickest Swan to ever reach 200 games in 2018, but since then he’s managed just 25 games in just over 4 years. A great Swan and a great person.

Pushing for Selection
    Is it time to bring back the Tippett thread. How good is Gretel, Kurt's sister. Can we get her to swap netball to the Swans AFLW.