Page 118 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,405 to 1,416 of 1757

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

For $145, Warwick (and many celebrities) will do a personalised video message for you that you can send to someone. Waz is very enthusiastic when he does his

Phttps://v.cameo.com/bTNUvy7aUsb

Josh Kennedy is $109
    Kieren Jack is $58
    Callum Mills $94
    Paul Roos $109
    Daniel Menzel $44
    Sam Naismith a bargain at $42
    Sam Wicks $44
    Dan Hannebery $73
    Barry Hall $102
    Tom Derickx $52 (I’m sure he’d do a deal of you drop Ludwig’s name)

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Another thing about the Wiz was that, despite appearances, he was actually very tough. He played back in the days when virtually anything went, and he week in week out copped all sorts of ridiculous thuggery that simply would not be tolerated today. He'd get 17 frees a week now. Anyway, it didn't put him off - he just used his opponent as a step-ladder and went straight over the top of them. It seemed situation normal that he'd take a couple of screamers every week. He was a joy to watch.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Another thing about the Wiz was that, despite appearances, he was actually very tough. He played back in the days when virtually anything went, and he week in week out copped all sorts of ridiculous thuggery that simply would not be tolerated today. He'd get 17 frees a week now. Anyway, it didn't put him off - he just used his opponent as a step-ladder and went straight over the top of them. It seemed situation normal that he'd take a couple of screamers every week. He was a joy to watch.
    Absolutely agree with this on all levels . Warwick used to cop treatment that forwards nowadays would never accept without complaint and to overcome this he just waited for an opportunity to take a hanger and would then point to the big screen replay as if to say you are just a prop for the main show i.e me the Wiz 😀
    Still in my opinion one of the most entertaining players I have ever seen play .

Veterans List
    Great article.....and yes, he was certainly great to watch. Criminally underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Bruce Doull & Chris Langford always seemed quite fair and respectful. Mick Martin was dirty on him every time he was used as a mark of the year contender prop - which was often! Ave a look at Waz’s highlight reel Mick would alway get up and give Waz a shove (or even a kick). Must have been hard for Mick to be a human stepladder for the Wiz time and time again.

On that highlight reel it’s criminal to see the treatment Warwick often got after taking a hanger. Today his conversion rate would be even better with all the 15m penalties he would have received putting him closer to goal. Given how close he played to goal, a 15m penalty would have given him a set shot from the goal square every time!

Also great to see how his teammates usually stuck up for him. But equally admirable that he rarely retaliated. His footy spoke for him

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    For $145, Warwick (and many celebrities) will do a personalised video message for you that you can send to someone. Waz is very enthusiastic when he does his

Phttps://v.cameo.com/bTNUvy7aUsb

Josh Kennedy is $109
    Kieren Jack is $58
    Callum Mills $94
    Paul Roos $109
    Daniel Menzel $44
    Sam Naismith a bargain at $42
    Sam Wicks $44
    Dan Hannebery $73
    Barry Hall $102
    Tom Derickx $52 (I’m sure he’d do a deal of you drop Ludwig’s name)
    mmm.... interesting, it cost me $102 this morning in Uber charges to take the cat to the vet and back.
    I could have spent that money on getting a special message from Barry Hall instead. But I think I made
    the right call.

KEEEY...APPER!!!! Shame Capper wasn't part of the recent boundary walk by past legends, commemorating the 40th anniversary of move to Sydney. Club should invite him in anycase to do promotional/marketing work. He'd still be adored by fans. Imagine him posing with Buddy or with Reg and Paddy as the most famous No. 39. Sell hot Capperccinos. A statue should be erected in his honour and one of the goal ends named after him! He was Sydney in the glamorous 80's.

Veterans List
    Just watched the Adam Goodes episode of 'Anh's Brush With Fame' on ABC which I had missed when it was first shown.....great chat and what a truly beautiful human he is. The painting turned out pretty good too!

Senior Player
    SEN reports that Tom Mitchell is seeking a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I’d be happy to trade Bell for Mitchell if the Hawks will cover some of Mitchell’s salary

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Clarkson has probably had another breakfast with him.

Wonder how Dawson & Tom Mitchell were feeling watching us win into a home PF in front of 80k at the MCG on Friday night? Neither have played finals since their exits & don't look likely in the near future.

Hewett I have sympathy for as he was effectively squeezed out due to our cap issues, but probably feels dirty on Dawson for his late defection as we likely would've hanged onto him. At least Hewett has more chance playing finals at Carlton (if his body holds up).

Rohan similar scenario as Hewett but fortunate to be playing in a perennial finals team.
    Last edited by KSAS; 4th September 2022 at 10:03 AM.