Page 127 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,513 to 1,524 of 1756

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    LOL KT
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 8th November 2022 at 04:04 PM.

Anthony Rocca appointed coach of the Northern Knights. Interviewed on SEN with the go home factor issue raised and said when he was first drafted told the club he didn't want to come up and will leave after 2 years.
    Former Collingwood forward Anthony Rocca appointed as coach of NAB League club Northern Knights - AFL News - Zero Hanger

Adam Schneider interviewed last week on his draft day experience 20 years ago. Had no internet access and informed by mates he was drafted! Has equal affection for both Saints and Swans, with Paul Kelly his footy hero as a kid.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Anthony Rocca appointed coach of the Northern Knights. Interviewed on SEN with the go home factor issue raised and said when he was first drafted told the club he didn't want to come up and will leave after 2 years.
    Is the poster boy for Ludwig's proposal for a Mummy's Boy draft.

BTW does he qualify as a Swans ex-player when his heart was never with the club? There should be separate category for those who who never committed - Rocca, Gaspar, Tom Mitchell .......
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post

BTW does he qualify as a Swans ex-player when his heart was never with the club? There should be separate category for those who who never committed - Rocca, Gaspar, Tom Mitchell .......
    Mitchell's old man played for 3 clubs as well.

Mitchell played for us for 5 years while those other two only played for the minimum two years. Hence, I don't place him in the same disloyal category as them. There is also an argument that our tight salary cap at the time meant we could not pay him his market price. His father told me at the time they were offering him the same money as Cunningham! On the other hand, Rocca and Gasper could not wait to get out of Sydney.

Veterans List

Grant. IIRC his mother was stricken when we drafted him.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar

Add Shannon Grant to that list.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Mitchell played for us for 5 years while those other two only played for the minimum two years. Hence, I don't place him in the same disloyal category as them. There is also an argument that our tight salary cap at the time meant we could not pay him his market price. His father told me at the time they were offering him the same money as Cunningham! On the other hand, Rocca and Gasper could not wait to get out of Sydney.
    At least Cunningham picks up his man occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Hear! Hear! It's out of line to say Mitchell was not committed. Apart from being with us much longer he only left because we weren't offering him the same $$ and opportunities and didn't value him as much as Hawthorn did. I think he would be more entitled to question our commitment to him than the other way around.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Hear! Hear! It's out of line to say Mitchell was not committed. Apart from being with us much longer he only left because we weren't offering him the same $$ and opportunities and didn't value him as much as Hawthorn did. I think he would be more entitled to question our commitment to him than the other way around.
    The only thing Mitchell was committed to was money. Half the team at present would be playing for less than they could get elsewhere.
    Why has he been let go from Hawthorn? He plays selfish footy and not worth the big bucks he’s paid.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    What do you mean by playing selfish footy Big Cat?
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 19th November 2022 at 06:38 PM.

I'm pleased that people mentioned Shannon Grant. He played in our 1996 GF team but was never happy in Sydney, even when first drafted. He left within another season of that GF match and went on to be a Norm Smith medalist for North in 1999 and to play 300 games. A big loss who regrettably just did not have his heart with our Club.

Maybe things would be different in today's footy world? If I was drafted from Melbourne to Sydney I would be rapt to go to such a strong, well run Club. We just did not have that reputation in the mid-1990s.