Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
Results 373 to 379 of 379

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

  1. #373
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Probably a bit unfair on Roos there , he managed to turn them around from being a complete basket case to a really competitive team , that then managed ( under Goodwin’s reign ) to go on to play in a prelim. Not his fault they’ve reverted back to a basket case under Goodwin’s watch .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, except he did anoint Goodwin to replace him, which looks a poor choice.

  2. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yep, except he did anoint Goodwin to replace him, which looks a poor choice.
    Not sure that was entirely his call though , surely there was others involved with signing that one off .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #375
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    1,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Not sure that was entirely his call though , surely there was others involved with signing that one off .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not entirely, but from memory his autobiographical coaching manifesto book suggested his contribution was substantive.

  4. #376
    It appears Gary Rohan is turning in some Swans-like performances for the Cats now too

    Nine things we learned: The top two recruits of 2019 are Lions - AFL.com.au

    Geelong's scoring issues in the past five weeks are certainly not resting on the shoulders of Gary Rohan, particularly as he missed one of those games through injury. But there's no doubt the Cats would like to have him back at the form he showed in the first half of the season. The former Sydney speedster kicked 20 goals in his first nine games at Geelong, and became a key element to a new-look forward set up that powered the Cats to the top of the ladder. But in the past seven games he has played, Rohan has managed only three goals, including one from just six disposals against Hawthorn in Sunday's loss. His unpredictability, sheer pace and goal sense became a feature of the Cats' forward half in a breakout start to the season, and they need his spark back as they set up for September. - Callum Twomey

  5. #377
    Cats fans will turn on Gary like Swans fans did. Does to his eye-catching potential, he's an easy scapegoat when times are tough.

    (I was a little anti-gary too).

  6. #378
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    3,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    It appears Gary Rohan is turning in some Swans-like performances for the Cats now too

    Nine things we learned: The top two recruits of 2019 are Lions - AFL.com.au

    Geelong's scoring issues in the past five weeks are certainly not resting on the shoulders of Gary Rohan, particularly as he missed one of those games through injury. But there's no doubt the Cats would like to have him back at the form he showed in the first half of the season. The former Sydney speedster kicked 20 goals in his first nine games at Geelong, and became a key element to a new-look forward set up that powered the Cats to the top of the ladder. But in the past seven games he has played, Rohan has managed only three goals, including one from just six disposals against Hawthorn in Sunday's loss. His unpredictability, sheer pace and goal sense became a feature of the Cats' forward half in a breakout start to the season, and they need his spark back as they set up for September. - Callum Twomey
    +1 .....I was just about to post something similar when I saw that article....my thoughts were 'same old, same old'. Sort of confirms that for all his potential, Gary will be inconsistent and go missing in pressure games (and finals) until he retires.....and that we did the right thing by letting him go.

    He is often summed up as a 'confidence player'......which I've always taken as code for being 'mentally weak'. It's a real pity because he has always had the physical ability to tear games apart.
    Last edited by stevoswan; Yesterday at 01:01 PM.

  7. #379
    Speaking of 'past players, notice Naismith is available to play this week.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO