Page 33 of 145 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Bleeder View Post
    His disposal was atrocious. His one strength, speed, was never used in the AFL games he played.
    Interesting player. Tremendous speed but I am not sure he has the agility to go with it. Happy to be corrected! Straight line speedsters (like a gary rohan) seem to get limited touches as they can't adjust to changes in direction. On the other hand a player like zak zones has speed and agility and can work his way through traffic far more effectively.

Senior Player
    With Rhyce being announced as the new Roos coach and Jarrad announcing his retirement on the same day what are the odds that he will follow a similar career path and if so should he start his apprenticeship with the Swans ?

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    With Rhyce being announced as the new Roos coach and Jarrad announcing his retirement on the same day what are the odds that he will follow a similar career path and if so should he start his apprenticeship with the Swans ?
    Heard someone on the radio throw up the suggestion of Jarryd joining Rhyce at North!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Heard someone on the radio throw up the suggestion of Jarryd joining Rhyce at North!!!
    In their dreams!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    The swans have said he is going to be an assistant coach with us next year. Normally I would be against having another swans player as an assistant but I think McVeigh is an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The swans have said he is going to be an assistant coach with us next year. Normally I would be against having another swans player as an assistant but I think McVeigh is an exception.
    In his presser didn’t he say 4 years?

Yes he is signed long term as a Swans Assist Coach. He is going nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    In his presser didn’t he say 4 years?
    The club must really see his coaching potential to commit that long. I assume they know what they're doing but I lean towards external recruiting of coaching staff.

“In addition to his leadership with the team, Jarrad has been an extremely trusted confidante for many years. In 2020, we are very fortunate that Jarrad will join the Sydney Swans coaching panel where he will continue to have a major influence on the club’s next generation of young players.”

Reminded me that when we were secretly recruiting Buddy, only one player was in on it - Macca!

For those who haven’t listened to the podcast of Cal’s conversation with Kieren Jack - Kieren was quite emotional in his praise of Macca’s leadership for the 2016 match against Geelong, in Geelong which we won - at the end of what Kieren described as a ‘@@@@’ week following his parents going public with their grievances about Kieren’s girlfriend, now his wife.

I think Jarrad will be a fine coach. Great footy instinct and strong leadership sense.

Regular in the Side
    takes over from kirk, mid field gone backwards since he is doing the job

There is an article on foxsports about Andrew Dunkley's interview on Open Mike. I would post the link but I seem to recall reading that it stuffs up our formatting so I won't. The most interesting bit is that apparently AD said the reason we didn't match the Bulldogs bid for Josh Dunkley was that we didn't rate him that highly and didn't want to go into points deficit (and not because, as I had understood, there was some kind of a handshake agreement not to match a bid from a Victorian club).