Page 40 of 147 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Deserter. Unforgiven.
    Deserter? WTF? We got rid of him. If you're going to brand someone with that make sure you get your facts straight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Played injured as I recall. No way we make the finals without him . Some people have very short memories

Correct. Mummy played on one leg in that GF. From memory he was subbed off for Parker in the last quarter.

Senior Player
    His last two minutes were huge. He was a big loss to us after 2013.
    Agree. Watching him crawl around on his knees at the end of the game, and that dummy in the goal square with a
    minute to go was just priceless. I'm pretty sure he didn't want to leave us, but got pushed out due to our tight salary
    cap situation at the time. If he ends up with a second premiership medal I'm sure he'll think things worked out well
    for him in the end.

Senior Player
    Dean Towers is interviewed at length on the latest "Chilling with Charlie" podcast episode:

Ep 31: Dean Towers

I'm only part way in, but some interesting insights into the draft process and coaching feedback so far.

Other episodes of this podcast are good too: focuses on AFL but also other sports (notably NFL), from a data analytics perspective.

We made the pkye v mummy call after the grand final.
    I think mummy hid an injury before the grand final which, if not for Pyke, could have cost us. I think he was out of favour at the swans after that.

But in hindsight, we would have got a lot more value keeping mummy and trading pyke.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I think mummy hid an injury before the grand final which, if not for Pyke, could have cost us. I think he was out of favour at the swans after that.

But in hindsight, we would have got a lot more value keeping mummy and trading pyke.
    We didn't have the money to keep him. No way we wanted him to leave. Price of snaring Buddy.

We didn't have the money to keep him. No way we wanted him to leave. Price of snaring Buddy.
    Yep, that's it. He chose to leave for more money. Rightly or wrongly, that is the fact.

Jesse White is a Premiership winner. He was one of the best in Glenelg's SANFL Premiership on the weekend

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Part of the price of snaring Buddy

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Yep, that's it. He chose to leave for more money. Rightly or wrongly, that is the fact.
    No it’s not fact

We didn’t even offer him a contract, he was collateral damage for Buddy

Senior Player

Mummy was in doubt up until the morning of the game because of his injury, he hardly hid it from the club

Hindsight is 20:20 & the year after the grand final, when Pykey had the second most contested marks in the League and kicked 28 goals, he looked the winner to keep out of Mummy and Pyke. The 3 years after 2012, his hitout average was comparable to Mummy’s too. It’s just that by 2015, Pyke’s body ran out & you couldn’t predict that at the end of 2013

Darren Jolly shares weight-loss transformation after split from Deanne

Darren Jolly is trying to stay relevant.

(So, she makes him move back to Melbourne, and then she leaves him? What the what?)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.