Page 42 of 147 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I heard Tom Morris OTC last night throw up Matthew Nicks name as a possible candidate for the Adelaide coaching job (currently a coaching assistant with Adelaide).
    Nicks is a senior assistant coach at GWS this year. He was at Port for eight years, 2011 to 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Nicks is a senior assistant coach at GWS this year. He was at Port for eight years, 2011 to 2018.
    Maybe he was thinking of Marty Mattner, who is an assistant coach at the Crows?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Maybe he was thinking of Marty Mattner, who is an assistant coach at the Crows?
    Yes, likely he was. But re Nicks, you can see him stepping up to a senior coach position at some stage. He's been in the system
    for awhile now at a high level. He was senior asst at Port for his last two years there before moving to the Giants. Good luck
    to him.

Yes, likely he was. But re Nicks, you can see him stepping up to a senior coach position at some stage. He's been in the system
    for awhile now at a high level. He was senior asst at Port for his last two years there before moving to the Giants. Good luck
    to him.
    Yes, I'm not sure how secure Cameron's tenure at the Giants is, so he's some sort of chance to take over there, in the not too distant future.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, I'm not sure how secure Cameron's tenure at the Giants is, so he's some sort of chance to take over there, in the not too distant future.
    That is what I would have thought. People keep taking about them needing to get "a Clarkson" in there, but there is only one
    Clarkson and he is very entrenched at Hawthorn. So the options are "a Brad Scott" or a senior assistant, like Matty Nicks
    possibly. The coaching staff at both Sydney clubs are pretty tight groups it seems to me with not a lot of turnover.
    Anyway, Cameron still has a year to go on his contract but I reckon if the Giants start poorly in 2020 they'll cut him loose.
    Footy being what it is, his future was a lot less secure last Saturday night than it was earlier that day.

People keep taking about them needing to get "a Clarkson" in there
    Not many people.

I would have thought that after getting the Giants to the Granny Leon Cameron's job is pretty safe for now.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Not many people.
    Wouldn't want Clarkson anywhere near Swans, despite his success. Fails our 'no dickheads policy'.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Wouldn't want Clarkson anywhere near Swans, despite his success. Fails our 'no dickheads policy'.
    Yes.

Barry Hall, aged 42 has announced he will enter the ring again to fight recently retired NRL star, Paul Gallen.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Barry Hall, aged 42 has announced he will enter the ring again to fight recently retired NRL star, Paul Gallen.
    Struggling for Laurie Nash since he got sacked from MMM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Struggling for Laurie Nash since he got sacked from MMM.
    Probably true because I remember him coming out pretty strongly against going back into the ring. Hope it ends ok. Despite his messy exit from Swans, he will go down as one of our best ever players. From 2003-2006, he was in the top 3 players in the game.