Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Menzel, when fit, is a serious talent. A serious talent. I was not surprised they recruited him and once he was, strange or not, I thought he was worth persevering with....and I would have thought that Menzel, at his best, was a better prospect than the at the time 'not always consistent' Haywood.
    As I saw him too, and regretted his departure. I hope he can prove his value.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I was very disappointed to see him go and considered him a potentially great asset for us. However, once we had apparently accepted that we were in full rebuild mode, rather than a true finals contender, I think management decided he was surplus to requirements, sadly.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordian Knot View Post
    I was very disappointed to see him go and considered him a potentially great asset for us. However, once we had apparently accepted that we were in full rebuild mode, rather than a true finals contender, I think management decided he was surplus to requirements, sadly.
    A fair assessment from which we can conclude that the Swans are expecting one or more out of their young guns and the new recruits to do better than a fully fit Menzel would have. The pressure is now on this group to deliver.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I saw his name trending on twitter, and must admit I had an uneasy feeling clicking on what it might be about.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I regularly have a coffee in the Entertainment Quarter (the old Sydney Showground), and the Swans and Roosters players and staff are very much in evidence and do a bit of mingling.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849