Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Veterans List
    [QUOTE=Bloody Hell;767911]I remember Nico having a go at Jude Bolton that ended in the papers.[/QU

I did, and the reporter turned out to be Jude's uncle in Inside Football. I was vindicated when I think, in 2008, there was a double page spread in the HUN on Jude where he said he had slackened off for a season in his preparation. After that he played great footy until he retired. It was also the time when online blogs started to become popular and the likes of Jim Main (again Inside Football) got quite indignant that the average punter had just as good, if not better knowledge than the sterile footy reporters who couldn't see past the stars.

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=Nico;767920]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I remember Nico having a go at Jude Bolton that ended in the papers.[/QU

I did, and the reporter turned out to be Jude's uncle in Inside Football. I was vindicated when I think, in 2008, there was a double page spread in the HUN on Jude where he said he had slackened off for a season in his preparation. After that he played great footy until he retired. It was also the time when online blogs started to become popular and the likes of Jim Main (again Inside Football) got quite indignant that the average punter had just as good, if not better knowledge than the sterile footy reporters who couldn't see past the stars.
    Main was a Swans' supporter, but inserted himself into his stories too much to be objective. Haven't seen anything of his for a long time.

Veterans List
    [QUOTE=royboy42;767935]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post

Main was a Swans' supporter, but inserted himself into his stories too much to be objective. Haven't seen anything of his for a long time.
    Except for his excellent Swans books but I guess they were a while ago.

On the veteran's list
    Hannebery's done a hammy. "Mild tear", four weeks. Worrying for the Saints I'd say.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Hannebery's done a hammy. "Mild tear", four weeks. Worrying for the Saints I'd say.
    Big time . Their supporters must be spewing , we’ve really offloaded a lemon here it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big time . Their supporters must be spewing , we’ve really offloaded a lemon here it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    When we offloaded Hanners, I was confident we had made the right choice, considering his recent history and the fact that our conditioning staff, whom I've always considered among the best in the business, couldn't get him right. 'What have the Saints got that we haven't?' I thought......nothing it seems. This could turn out to be a big embarrassment for both the Saints and Dan. Bit sad really but not our problem now thankfully......and this latest setback confirms that we got it right.

Veterans List
    In what article does it say "mild tear"? I haven't read that anywhere.....in fact the Saints claim there wasn't even a strain.

"However, the Saints are adamant there was no strain, with his latest injury to the same muscle he hurt before Christmas."

Veterans List
    Yesterday it was reported that Hanners had a slight hamstring tear but today it is hamstring "awareness". What does that even mean? Is that like when Longmire uses the word "sore" whenever our players are injured?...(ie. McVeigh has a sore calf or Kennedy has a sore hamstring). I think they are trying to make the injury sound better than it is.

I do wish Hanners the best. After all he is a premiership hero for us!

We did not get a lot in return for the Saints trade for him. I was surprised thought that they signed him to 2023. A big risk for them in that regard.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    In what article does it say "mild tear"? I haven't read that anywhere.....in fact the Saints claim there wasn't even a strain.

"However, the Saints are adamant there was no strain, with his latest injury to the same muscle he hurt before Christmas."
    Why Lyon is concerned with Hannebery's injury setback
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    And Damien Barrett chimes in about Hanners

Barrett: Can post-2016 Hanners handle the pressure? - AFL.com.au

The heat is certainly on him this season

Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast