Page 72 of 147 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Ryley Stoddart named co-captain of Carlton's VFL team.

Carlton names Reserves co-captains
    Also coached by Dan O'Keefe too - another ex-swans connection (who is doing very well as a coach by the sounds of it!)
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Ryley Stoddart named co-captain of Carlton's VFL team.

Carlton names Reserves co-captains
    If Ryley stays healthy, he'll be back in the AFL. He has the kind of game that suits the times. In saying that, the Swans have so many outside young players, it would have been hard for Ryley to get a go with our senior side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Ryley stays healthy, he'll be back in the AFL. He has the kind of game that suits the times. In saying that, the Swans have so many outside young players, it would have been hard for Ryley to get a go with our senior side.
    +1 Had same thought with our performances so far. Riley would have been depth player and now has better 2nd opportunity to make AFL career. Unfortunate casualty of list size cuts.

Veterans List
    Past players - what are they up to?

Upsetting team mates in Zac Jones case!

UnSaintly behaviour: Stars Zak Jones and Bradley Hill exchange heated words at St Kilda training

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Past players - what are they up to?

Upsetting team mates in Zac Jones case!

UnSaintly behaviour: Stars Zak Jones and Bradley Hill exchange heated words at St Kilda training
    Jones probably reminding Hill of his lack of contribution despite a huge pay packet!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Jones probably reminding Hill of his lack of contribution despite a huge pay packet!
    I hate to think what Zak would have to say to Hanners on that subject?

Update on one of my all time favourite players Nick Malceski. After departing GC Suns in their Covid purge (Dean Soloman also let go), Mal is now head coach of Labrador in the Qafl.
    Team is going well, 2 wins from 3 after poor season last year where they only won one game for the whole year.

I met him in the context of lining him up to do a one on one coaching session with my son. Such a top bloke, great with my son. The improvement in my son's skills after the one session was incredible.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Update on one of my all time favourite players Nick Malceski. After departing GC Suns in their Covid purge (Dean Soloman also let go), Mal is now head coach of Labrador in the Qafl.
    Team is going well, 2 wins from 3 after poor season last year where they only won one game for the whole year.

I met him in the context of lining him up to do a one on one coaching session with my son. Such a top bloke, great with my son. The improvement in my son's skills after the one session was incredible.
    One of my favourite images is Malceski jumping into the arms of Ted Richards after kicking the sealer in 2012 GF. Our defenders were huge that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    One of my favourite images is Malceski jumping into the arms of Ted Richards after kicking the sealer in 2012 GF. Our defenders were huge that day.
    Some unlikely heroes that day. LRT, Pyke and Mitch Morton. Mal said Pyke was the hardest trainer. His transition from Canadian rugby to AFL was on the back of many extra sessions, first to arrive, last to leave attitude.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Some unlikely heroes that day. LRT, Pyke and Mitch Morton. Mal said Pyke was the hardest trainer. His transition from Canadian rugby to AFL was on the back of many extra sessions, first to arrive, last to leave attitude.
    Magical day. Hawks had many more stars and they didn't kick straight, but we just refused to yield.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Magical day. Hawks had many more stars and they didn't kick straight, but we just refused to yield.
    We won it in the quarter that counted. Buddy was the only one that kept Hawthorn in the game.

Ed "Cheese" Barlow was interviewed on SEN late this afternoon. He is a Physchologist now. Smart guy with a good sense of humour, came across well on radio. I remembered thinking we'd unearthed a future star after his first few games which were impressive, but ended up only playing 25 games. I'd forgotten he finished playing 1 season with the Dogs (explains his friendship with Bob Murphy which was apparent). If I remember correctly, his "Cheese" nick name came about being from Bega territory?