Page 84 of 145 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 997 to 1,008 of 1739

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    And let’s not forget this we were not exactly innocent of this type of behaviour

In February 1992, it was uncovered that both Williams and the Sydney Swans had breached the league's salary regulations. I Williams had received additional, undeclared payments via one of Sydney's sponsors during the 1990 season, with both the club and the player aware of the rort. Both plead guilty to the AFL. The club was fined $50,000, and Williams was fined $25,000 and de-registered by the league for eleven weeks. Williams was in his first pre-season with Carlton at the time, and his debut for the club was delayed until Round 7 as a result of the deregistration.
    Thanks for sharing. I was unaware of this. Good to know before casting stones at other clubs.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Allir Allir dominating the Cats tonight. Anyone who thinks he’s not an elite defender knows very little about football

It’s been a great season but it’s a blight on Longmire that he couldn’t see what was staring him in the face.

I don’t care about Hickey or Salary Cap, you don’t let elite footballers go because the coach mis utilised them, you find a way to keep them

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Allir Allir dominating the Cats tonight. Anyone who thinks he’s not an elite defender knows very little about football

It’s been a great season but it’s a blight on Longmire that he couldn’t see what was staring him in the face.

I don’t care about Hickey or Salary Cap, you don’t let elite footballers go because the coach mis utilised them, you find a way to keep them
    Maybe not a blight on Longmire, but someone in charge of list management. Maybe we can blame Harley.
    Otherwise Agree 100%

Spot on.

To be fair the Cats were playing to his strengths in Q1, in Q2 he had one disposal and dropped a couple of easy marks inside D50

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Brownlow medal, All Australian, Premerships - the list of departures since the last flag gets more august with time.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    To be fair the Cats were playing to his strengths in Q1, in Q2 he had one disposal and dropped a couple of easy marks inside D50
    You’ve just proven my point, he was comfortably in Ports best last night, yet you try and downplay his game to somehow justify the trade.

I swear he could win the Norm Smith and people would still be on here posting rubbish about him

You’ve just proven my point, he was comfortably in Ports best last night, yet you try and downplay his game to somehow justify the trade.

I swear he could win the Norm Smith and people would still be on here posting rubbish about him
    My disappointment is that in recent years we rarely got AA performances from Aliir. I don’t understand where we went wrong.

And I’m torn between wishing we could get him back and looking for signs of the sometimes error prone AA from the Swans.

Geelong did a horrible job of making him accountable last night.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    My disappointment is that in recent years we rarely got AA performances from Aliir. I don’t understand where we went wrong.

And I’m torn between wishing we could get him back and looking for signs of the sometimes error prone AA from the Swans.

Geelong did a horrible job of making him accountable last night.
    Longmire played him in the ruck and forward line instead of his best position which was obvious to anyone with half a football brain

Aliir was on Yokayi. I glad that he's happy of at PA and doing well, but it's going to take a long time for me to get over that we actually traded him.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Seems there are people of RWO who will justify any trade the club makes - I distinctly remember an occasion many years ago where the Daniher trade was lauded as a good idea.
    I guess it's a loyalty thing for some.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And on past coaches Lyon has walked out on applying for the Carlton role.

I have no idea if he was the right fit, but lolz Carlton.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say