Page 86 of 147 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,032 of 1754

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Hopefully this time I manage to not bust the thread - sorry everyone!

Nice story about Goodesy today in the media : https://www.smh.com.au/sport/afl/fro...11-p58qtb.html

Nice to hear a positive angle coming out of such an awful event for Goodesy.

In amongst other things during lockdown I've been trying to catch up on a few podcasts around the place - including a few episodes from the podcast of Phil Davis on the ABC (which I find his style a bit dry, he has talked to some really interesting people). His chat with Eddie Betts was very interesting - both for Eddie's personal stories, but also because it gave great insights to how hurt he felt about the Goodes situation too, including some almost personal guilt shared amongst some of the indigenous players because they felt they didn't do enough to stand behind Goodes at the time.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

When Tony played for us, I seem to recall him making the occasional clanger. Now that he's a media star, he's still making the occasional clanger.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MatthewBe...rison-vaccines

I enjoy watching Tony on telly, I think he is doing so well for himself - cracking clanger however

It is worth listening to Tony's interview with Phil Davis on his podcast - really interesting insight to the guy, and the struggles of being a 'fringe footballer' as such (similar to how BJ has a lot of interesting things to say in that space).
    Last edited by mcs; 14th September 2021 at 10:24 AM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    When Tony played for us, I seem to recall him making the occasional clanger. Now that he's a media star, he's still making the occasional clanger.

That is a good one.

On other former player news, I can belatedly report that these days, after having to leave the Swans at the beginning of the pandemic last year, Lloyd Perris has found a home for himself as coach of the North Shore Bombers. Initially, last year, he was an assistant coach. But, at the end of the season, their head coach had to leave and Perris was appointed the new senior coach for the 2021 season: Mens 2021 Head Coach – North Shore Bombers Australian Football Club (northshorefc.com.au).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    That is a good one.

On other former player news, I can belatedly report that these days, after having to leave the Swans at the beginning of the pandemic last year, Lloyd Perris has found a home for himself as coach of the North Shore Bombers. Initially, last year, he was an assistant coach. But, at the end of the season, their head coach had to leave and Perris was appointed the new senior coach for the 2021 season: Mens 2021 Head Coach – North Shore Bombers Australian Football Club (northshorefc.com.au).
    I think he'll do well. From previous profiles and interviews, I did get the impression that he was very smart.

Senior Player

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

Brilliant - only he could carry it off with that level of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Brilliant - only he could carry it off with that level of fun!
    Well, team effort. In that they're making it somebody else's problem.

Could Gary Rohan benefit from a positional change? (sen.com.au)

Not sure how much weight to give to anything that Dermott Brereton says.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Could Gary Rohan benefit from a positional change? (sen.com.au)

Not sure how much weight to give to anything that Dermott Brereton says.
    Some might argue the positional change the cats should choose for Gary going forward is 'Left right out'.

More broadly, I still wonder if rather then playing up forward, they should try him off the half back flank. Force him to be in the game rather then off playing where's Gary instead.