Page 87 of 90 FirstFirst ... 37778384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,033 to 1,044 of 1078

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Seriously, and I liked Gary, but given his finals record with both us and the Cats, could you trust him as a coach and a team mate? Sport is brutal.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Seriously, and I liked Gary, but given his finals record with both us and the Cats, could you trust him as a coach and a team mate? Sport is brutal.
    He is 30, and hes out of contract I think.

We let him go because we couldnt trust him in finals and Geelong should let him go too. For the output he has produced, he's had a very good AFL career.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Some might argue the positional change the cats should choose for Gary going forward is 'Left right out'.

More broadly, I still wonder if rather then playing up forward, they should try him off the half back flank. Force him to be in the game rather then off playing where's Gary instead.
    Geelong might as well give Gary another year or two. His major problem is going missing in finals: so, I don't really see that being an issue next year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    He is 30, and hes out of contract I think.

We let him go because we couldnt trust him in finals and Geelong should let him go too. For the output he has produced, he's had a very good AFL career.
    I read today that he signed another contract before the finals. Smart move by him...bad move by the cats for not waiting until after the finals!

I watched Gary closely in the game on the weekend and he rarely got to any contests. He seemed to be hanging off the play most of the time hoping that someone would pass it to him. You need to win most of your own ball in finals.

Senior Player
    Well at least he had one good finals game πŸ˜€ came across this snippet on the AFL Live site where they highlighted Max Gawns effort the other night as the best quarter , as defined by champion data , since 2010. I must admit I don’t really recall his performance in that game maybe I have PTSD from the mugging in the GF that year .

Gary Rohan – who underwhelmed with one disposal before going off injured against the Demons on Friday night – comes in fourth, with 15.5 points in the third quarter of Sydney's 2014 preliminary final win against North Melbourne.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Well at least he had one good finals game πŸ˜€ came across this snippet on the AFL Live site where they highlighted Max Gawns effort the other night as the best quarter , as defined by champion data , since 2010. I must admit I don’t really recall his performance in that game maybe I have PTSD from the mugging in the GF that year .

Gary Rohan – who underwhelmed with one disposal before going off injured against the Demons on Friday night – comes in fourth, with 15.5 points in the third quarter of Sydney's 2014 preliminary final win against North Melbourne.
    I have vague recollections of that game. Pretty sure he went back and played off the half-back line. I have some vague aural memory of Wayne Carey commentating the game, and waxing lyrically about how he'd "found" his position.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I have vague recollections of that game. Pretty sure he went back and played off the half-back line. I have some vague aural memory of Wayne Carey commentating the game, and waxing lyrically about how he'd "found" his position.
    Just had a quick look and he had a career high 23 disposals that night so I think you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I watched Gary closely in the game on the weekend and he rarely got to any contests. He seemed to be hanging off the play most of the time hoping that someone would pass it to him. You need to win most of your own ball in finals.
    Thats always been his problem. He literally runs away from the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Thats always been his problem. He literally runs away from the ball.
    Sounds like Bell. Never seen anyone with such bad read of play. Its a shame cause he plays his heart out

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Newman is a handy depth player who would struggle to get a game in top 8 teams. Signing him for another 2 years shows Carlton are not that great.