Page 88 of 147 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,045 to 1,056 of 1754

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    The Toby that everyone likes! In hindsight, we should never have let him go...but that is in hindsight. Mind you, I wasn't happy when we moved him on. He would have been a true Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    The Toby that everyone likes! In hindsight, we should never have let him go...but that is in hindsight. Mind you, I wasn't happy when we moved him on. He would have been a true Blood.
    We didn’t move Nank on, Swans wanted to keep him, he was out of contract and chose to go for more guaranteed senior footy.

As it turned out he would have had plenty of senior footy with us given Naismith’s recurring knee injuries - but that is hindsight. I’m sure Nank is very happy with his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    God I love Adam Goodes. There I said it.
    The one bit I took out of this article is this.

“It doesn’t happen today. It doesn’t happen on the streets, never did.”

Up yours you anonymous crowd booers and keyboard warriors. As we know, none of them have the guts to confront him

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    God I love Adam Goodes. There I said it.
    The one bit I took out of this article is this.

“It doesn’t happen today. It doesn’t happen on the streets, never did.”

Up yours you anonymous crowd booers and keyboard warriors. As we know, none of them have the guts to confront him
    I listened last night to the podcast that has given rise to the recent spate of articles about Adam. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say it's essential listening for any Swans fan or other Goodes admirer. The topics covered are predictable, but I've never heard him talk as candidly about his junior career, his early Swans years, or, indeed, his final season.

There's also some insights into what Bloods Culture (back in the early noughties) entailed, and an amusing anecdote about conversations between Goodes and Longmire at half-time of the 2012 Grand Final.

‎What Matters: Culture and history with Adam Goodes on Apple Podcasts

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I listened last night to the podcast that has given rise to the recent spate of articles about Adam. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest when I say it's essential listening for any Swans fan or other Goodes admirer. The topics covered are predictable, but I've never heard him talk as candidly about his junior career, his early Swans years, or, indeed, his final season.

There's also some insights into what Bloods Culture (back in the early noughties) entailed, and an amusing anecdote about conversations between Goodes and Longmire at half-time of the 2012 Grand Final.

‎What Matters: Culture and history with Adam Goodes on Apple Podcasts
    Thx for posting this. Very enjoyable. He sounds relaxed and happy.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    "I wasn't happy when we moved him on. He would have been a true Blood." sounds more like foresight, than hindsight to me stevoswan.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    "I wasn't happy when we moved him on. He would have been a true Blood." sounds more like foresight, than hindsight to me stevoswan.
    First bit is true, second bit is hindsight indeed.

Senior Player
    Goodes is partnered with a wellness/supplement company. The article is part advertising.

Please Wait... | Cloudflare

Review of Brandon Jack's warts and all memoir: Book Review - Brandon Jack "28" - The Mongrel Punt.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Review of Brandon Jack's warts and all memoir: Book Review - Brandon Jack "28" - The Mongrel Punt.
    The references to cocaine and brothels is a bit of a worry! Are there potential scandals involving current players that we were not aware of till now?

Senior Player