Page 96 of 147 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,152 of 1757

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I was sorry to see him go.
    And I think I'm gonna be sorrier still in '22.
    As for your hair..........
    I do remember whe he was leaving and Papley wanted to as well, we risked becoming as slow as a team could be. Jones has real limits but gave us some rare zip and willingness to try to break lines.

What our recruiters have done over the past few years to refresh our team and inject serious run and speed across the park has been remarkable. It started in the 2018 draft with JMac, Blakey and Wicks, and gone to another level since.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Jones is a good ordinary player, he'll produce some quality football for the Saints but he's actually one that I don't think we miss

I'm not singling out a particular player but I think we've replaced him adequately from the young core, without the brain fades and clangers

Perhaps it's easier to dismiss his contribution because he was never a favourite, not sure it it was the tattoos, the faux tough guy, or the feeling that he was never going to stay long term with the club.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Perhaps it's easier to dismiss his contribution because he was never a favourite.
    I think it's a pretty much universal tendancy isn't it?

Not so sure about the expectation of departure though - did you thnk it at the time or was it hindsight?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I think it's a pretty much universal tendancy isn't it?

Not so sure about the expectation of departure though - did you thnk it at the time or was it hindsight?
    Tendancy to dismiss a player that has departed? Hell no! I love Dawson and Hewett and are devastated to see them both go. Same with Allir last year.

I don't think it was a huge surprise that Jones left, he would only sign 2 year contact extensions and had spoken about the pull of Melbourne in the past

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Jones is a good ordinary player, he'll produce some quality football for the Saints but he's actually one that I don't think we miss

I'm not singling out a particular player but I think we've replaced him adequately from the young core, without the brain fades and clangers

Perhaps it's easier to dismiss his contribution because he was never a favourite, not sure it it was the tattoos, the faux tough guy, or the feeling that he was never going to stay long term with the club.
    For me it's the latter.....his celebrations with team mates always had an air of 'I don't want to appear too invested here'.....'as I may not be sticking around for too long'. I indeed got the exact same feeling in the past from Dawson and Mitchell.....and look how they turned out. Never seeming to be getting the same kick out of the big moments like the rest of the team. A little bit 'up themselves' perhaps.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    For me it's the latter.....his celebrations with team mates always had an air of 'I don't want to appear too invested here'.....'as I may not be sticking around for too long'. I indeed got the exact same feeling in the past from Dawson and Mitchell.....and look how they turned out. Never seeming to be getting the same kick out of the big moments like the rest of the team. A little bit 'up themselves' perhaps.
    Hmmm body language

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Hmmm body language
    Yeah TB....body language.

I'm pretty good at reading it so I'll let you know who's going to leave next.....when I see it again.

I'm pretty good at reading it so I'll let you know who's going to leave next.....when I see it again.
    Ok Stevo. Your the self declared Allan Pease of Red and White

Based on your reading of body language, give the forum two Swans players who will be rushing for the exit door at seasons end.

Make a future prediction.

Don’t analyse after the fact.

Suspended by the MRP

Reckon i go ok at it too , ive been told you cant judge these footballers by their body language so ill leave that to you

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Based on your reading of body language, give the forum two Swans players who will be rushing for the exit door at seasons end.

Why?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Allan Pease? You're words, not mine.

I'll have to see some evidence first of course but I get the feeling we have a squad that is all on the same page.....however, if I see something, you'll be the first to know.

I’m really excited about our list. I don’t see anyone as being a possibility to jump ship - unless they are a really good player who can’t get a game due to quality and depth. If Stephens, Melican, MacLean, Amartey, Fox or O’Riorden are tearing it up in the magoos for no senior games, you wouldn’t begrudge them taking a better offer.