Page 98 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,165 to 1,176 of 1756

Thread: Past players - what are they up to?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Zac Jones granted personal leave from Saints to deal with mental health issues.
    Good luck to him, and good on the AFL for being a sport that deals with it so well and openly.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Good luck to him, and good on the AFL for being a sport that deals with it so well and openly.
    Yep, we’ve come a good way in a few years. I would hope that the AFL’s shameful disregard of Adam Goodes’ mental health at the time is an embarrassing relic of a bygone time.

I'm in Adelaide for a few days. I'm wondering whether I should visit West Lakes on Monday morning and heckle Dawson. Hmmmm.

Anyone have any better suggestions? Has SANFL footy started yet?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Better suggestions than heckling? Grab some rotten tomatoes too.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    And those big bags with $ bill signs on them.

That’s quite disrespectful to a person who has given you as a supporter all he had from 2016-2021.

Instead of heckling Dawson and being negative why not follow the example of British Cricket supporters whom loved watching Warnie play even though he never played for them.

Dawson is a great footballer to watch with a magical left foot. All football supporters should enjoy watching him play. Even better is that this talented footballer played some good football for the Swans.

Well, I've got until Monday to decide about that. In the meantime the Crows AFLW side is playing away to St Kilda. So still looking for footy related suggestions. Maybe I can visit South Adelaide footy club and see if I can learn any gossip about Matt Roberts.

Even the SANFLW seems to be having a bye round.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Instead of heckling Dawson and being negative why not follow the example of British Cricket supporters whom loved watching Warnie play even though he never played for them.

Dawson is a great footballer to watch with a magical left foot. All football supporters should enjoy watching him play. Even better is that this talented footballer played some good football for the Swans.
    he’s just another player to me now until he either retires or comes home. I don’t wish him or his new club any success whatsoever (as, untimely their success will be at our expense) - unless the Crows success benefits the Swans.

I’m afraid that despite what you think, not all footballer supporters care about Dawson or any other players beyond their own club … and it’s a bit annoying to be told I/we should.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    he’s just another player to me now until he either retires or comes home. I don’t wish him or his new club any success whatsoever (as, untimely their success will be at our expense) - unless the Crows success benefits the Swans.

I’m afraid that despite what you think, not all footballer supporters care about Dawson or any other players beyond their own club … and it’s a bit annoying to be told I/we should.
    Agreed, plus he was disingenuous in dealing with us. He told the Club he was going to re-sign when he left for the summer break and then reneged on that promise as soon as he landed in SA. Its hard to have any positive feelings towards him for many of us. Having said that, we have to move on. What's done is done. We have a great young squad without him so let's enjoy its development.

Veterans List

Who's surprise by this? You are a hopeless romantic BS and giving English cricket fans far too much credit. They hated Warnie.....they only liked him when he retired and couldn't take Pommy wickets anymore.....and we'll think what we like about Judas Dawson thanks. You are welcome to worship him and his twisted sense of club loyalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Yep, we’ve come a good way in a few years. I would hope that the AFL’s shameful disregard of Adam Goodes’ mental health at the time is an embarrassing relic of a bygone time.
    Yes, 'a bygone time'....all of seven years ago!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I'm in Adelaide for a few days. I'm wondering whether I should visit West Lakes on Monday morning and heckle Dawson. Hmmmm.
    Do it!

- - - Updated - - -

That’s quite disrespectful to a person who has given you as a supporter all he had from 2016-2021.
    Give it up.